“Best Pad Thai I've had in ages!”

Silver Tree Thai Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 163 Restaurants in Barnstaple
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Dinner for one at the Silver Tree on a Wednesday evening — lovely restaurant, attentive staff, food served promptly. There's a great range of dishes on the menu but I went for an old favourite, Pad Thai with chicken (also available with prawns). Absolutely delicious! Very happy to recommend to others.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Courtenay R

Reviewed 2 August 2017

After reading so many good reviews, we thought we'd try the restaurant. Unfortunately it's neither good nor authentic. We think the dishes have been modified to suit the local taste. My husband thought the green curry was not even spicy hot, lacking depth as well as a little on thin side. We may give it another try sometime when we're in the area and see what other dishes are like.

Date of visit: June 2017
Jeannie T, Manager at Silver Tree Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

We are sorry to see that you were not satisfied with the food but we are a public restaurant and we cook a set standard for everyone. Any customer who wants more spicy etc. Please tell our staff. We will do our best to cook for our customers individual needs. Thank you.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

We had an excellent lunch. I had a tofu and vegetable dish. My husband had a red chicken curry. The food was tasty and served nice and hot.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Holly M G
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

I like to go here a lot and my previous reviews have been glowing. Unfortunately last week the food wasn't up to standard. We ordered from the lunch menu, (which consists of full size meals & is cheaper than going to in the evening) and had Thai curry and Pad Thai. The Pad Thai was very bland and although it had large split prawns in it, that wasn't enough to make up for the lack of flavour. I was extremely disappointed. The curry was okay but not as good & tasty as I've had every other time. It won't stop us going again - I haven't given up on them as I hope it was just a bad day.

They do Takeaways in the evenings, although they don't deliver. I think it's a little cheaper than eating in.
The lady owner, who is usually the server, is friendly and lovely.
They recently opened a Thai supermarket at the back of the restaurant. It's up the steps, at a higher level, so it shouldn't disrupt your lunch. It's only open in the day.
When we were there (on a Saturday) they were cooking some sort of fresh food at the front of the restaurant. A Thai customer was eating it but no one offered it to us so I don't know what it was. It was a nice touch, and probably would bring customers in, but they should put a sign up and offer it to people when they give out the menus as not everyone likes to ask!
The decor is beautiful and very authentic.
Do give them a go...

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 24 May 2017

My wife and I ate dinner here recently and we were blown away by how good the food was. The seafood was really fresh and the dishes were authentic- not standard anglicised Thai. The chef used to work at Busaba Eathai, and the food is of similar calibre.

The atmosphere is nice, and the staff were lovely. Overall, a great little restaurant and well worth a try.

Date of visit: May 2017