“Miss”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Abi G
Luton, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage but little disappointed.”
Reviewed 7 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016

First of all I must say that Victoria was helpful when it came to rebooking my holiday at late notice due to a broken foot, extra £100 paid was paid for this change however.
On arrival we found the cottage was sadly quite dirty, however on contacting Victoria she spent her partner Mark to clean the bathroom again where there were numerous hairs everywhere. The second day bought a plight of flies in the sky light where it had been left open by perhaps previous holiday makers; at least 20 flies in the skylight. Again this was rectified by Mark. Sadly me and my partner did not get a single relaxing morning due to building works commending literally right outside the bedroom window on a separate property at 8am every weekday morning and often earlier. Also unbeknownst to ourselves, the owners property is very close to the cottage , and the family and children have to walk past the house to leave/enter. Again this could prove noisy during school runs early in the morning. sadly the relaxing holiday I had been looking forward to was spoilt somewhat by the loud building works all day throughout the week. Because of this me and my partner opted to spend as little time in the otherwise cosy cottage as we would have liked. I really don't like leaving bad reviews however in this instance I was disappointed and had been looking forward to the much needed break for a long time. To credit Victoria she did come and apologise for the building works but this does not stop them from happening. Almost £500 for a week off peak that was sadly disappointing, sorry.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
8 Nov 2016
I'm so sorry to read your review. I just want to say that I was advised not to offer you another weeks holiday after you wanted to cancel a few days before your trip but I understood your were upset and wanted to do my best for you. Due to the terms and conditions you sign up too with Trip Advisor you must cancel 6 weeks before travel. I did feel extremely sorry for you though breaking your foot so I offered you the whole week only at a cost of £100 (not nearly £500) which is extremely low for a weeks holiday.
The problems of the bathroom and the flys were immediately rectified and again I'm sorry this happened but I'm sorry you feel this way.
Again, with it being off season this is when we can allow work in neighbouring buildings so I'm very sorry that it affected your stay.
Kindest regards
Reviewed 5 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Sexagenar...
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Just what we wanted”
Reviewed 14 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

After an adventurous journey along narrow Devon lanes, "The Warren" was exactly what we were looking for for a short break. We found a cozy self-contained "cottage" with an amazing view out towards the Taw estuary.
The cream tea waiting for us on arrival was much appreciated.
Would we stay there again? certainly

Liked best: The views
Liked least: the narrow lanes
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Management Response
15 Sep 2016
Thank you so much. I'm glad you had a lovely stay.
torquaysw
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Amazing 4 week stay, would definitely go back again!”
Reviewed 24 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

I stayed here for 4 weeks whilst on placement nearby. It was perfect, set in such beautiful grounds with breathtaking scenary every time you opened your curtains in the morning, looking over gorgeous countryside. The cottage had everything I needed for a comfortable and relaxing stay, and I miss it to be honest! The cottage was kept spotless and cleaned every monday whilst I was out, which made things so easy to crack on with work in the evenings. The owner, Victoria and her family were so accommodating and made me feel at ease as soon as I arrived and explained if I needed anything just to ask, such a lovely family. Although the location is out of the way of the busy parts of barnstaple, it only took me between 10-15 min drive into the town centre, giving me the best of both really. Definitely plan on returning to this beautiful location and making the most of everything around it, as there are walks, trails, and beaches close by. Thanks again for a lovely stay & see you soon!

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Helena S
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
“Perfect little cottage for two with amazing views and great value!”
Reviewed 24 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Ideal cosy little cottage for a couple exploring North Devon. We were welcomed with a cream tea on arrival and Victoria was lovely - very welcoming and had some great suggestions of where to go / what to do. Especially would recommend going to Barricaine Beach at Woolacombe for a BYOB Sri Lankan curry on the beach at sunset. Beautiful! The cottage was ideal for a couple - very snug, especially in the shower room! Beautiful views from the garden, lovely local pub about a ten minute (hilly) walk away. The cottage is in a good location, close to Barnstaple for amenities and exploring the Tarka Trail. Beware of following sat navs too much though as they can take you along some tiny country lanes - better off using a map! Overall a great holiday! Would definitely recommend.

Your age range 25-34
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Mairead W
Limerick, Ireland
“The perfect country retreat”
Reviewed 15 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Charming, cozy and clean.
Loved sitting out in the garden taking in beautiful views of the Devon countryside.
Lovely warm welcome from Victoria.
Would definitely recommend this little gem and would stay here again.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing