“Thank you again for another excellent stay”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Durham City Centre
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I have just returned from an excellent stay in the Premier Inn Durham City Centre over Christmas and the New Year.

All your staff at this hotel are really good. Even though you have recently re designed the bar and eating area and now mainly serve a help your self range of hot breakfast items, I was really impressed that Andrea took it upon herself to get my hot breakfast items cooked to order for me. Even her boss Emma made sure I got hot food items on other days.

I have used this hotel on a regular basis and I am made welcome by all your staff and most of them remember me from previous visits.

I would like to thank Donna on reception who on 21/12/2013 took time to allocate me a room and wondered if I would be happy to accept a large disabled access room for my stay. The room Donna gave me was quite and allowed me to relax in comfort.

Chris and Collen on reception both remembered me and made my
stay a pleasant one.

On my final night on 05/01/2014 my brother, his wife and I decided to eat in restaurant. However our food came out cold. Once we reported the matter the Premier Inn they could not have done more to rectify the problem. The food was taken back and re heated. I have to thank Steph who was on duty that night as she decided to recompense us for the cold food by giving us either a free drink or sweet.

This good place to stay and explore Durham from.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room that does not overlook the nightclub side.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

999 - 1,005 of 1,635 reviews

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed for 1 night in 4 family rooms with all the family immaculately clean and exactly as the advert says soft fluffy towels and plenty of them superb pillows and again plenty of them!
The staff were spot on very polite and treat you as if you were the only one staying there!
The breakfast was excellent and plenty to choose from!
Premiere you should be proud they work for you!
Well done to all we will defo stay again!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda O
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights im August 2012 and had a great stay. It isn't a boutique hotel or a 5 star hotel but with premier inn you tend to know what you are going to get. Difference here is the fab location. Value for money considering where this place is, right on the waters edge, near all the bars and shops it's excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed at the Premier Inn in central Durham and the location just cant be beaten. The usual high standard of cleanliness for a premier inn and we recieved a very warm welcome from Donna on reception who couldnt have been more helpful. You do have to pay extra for parking but thats now the expected with city centre hotels really. The best one is Walkergate which is situated directly behind the hotel, on level ojne there is a sneaky door which will bring you our directly to the side of the hotel instead of having to walk all the way round!
Also if you are going into the city there are a massive amount of steps to climb when you come out of the hotel at riverside level, go back into the carpark via the sneaky door and use the lift, this will take you to level 7 which is then street level. Here you will find some great bars and resturaunts before you have even gone 100 yds.
We pre paid and the stay cost £30, so great value for such a great location.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Donna S
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Just had 2 nights here and the staff were so friendly and have been very well trained in customer service. We had the meal deal and was very good value ,we were served by joe who was very helpful and efficient ,the rooms are warm clean and comfortable,the hotel is perfectly situated,all in all a fantastic relaxing stay

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Looking for a lovely hotel in Durham centre, this is ideal, friendly staff, great bar and breakfast choice to equal much higher class hotels.
Lovely clean rooms, minutes from the shops and nightlife.
Well worth staying if visiting Durham on a budget. Book in advance if you can to get the best rates

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Me and my husband booked a £29 deal for our wedding anniversary so we could have a relaxed evening away from home and to go for a meal in durham and go shopping the next day. From start to finish our stay here was excellent. We parked in the car park next to the hotel and when we arrived the staff were very friendly and helpful, check in was straight forward and our room was spotlessly clean and a good size. Location was perfect for a walk into durham for a meal and the breakfast in the morning was lovely. The restaurant like the rest of the hotel was spotless, staff were friendly, the atmosphere was very relaxed and the choice and quality of food was brilliant. Check out was very simple, overall it was a lovely hotel with a great atmosphere, I cannot find anything wrong with this hotel at all, we will definitely be booking another night away here, hopefully soon!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple