“Another Excellent Stay!”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Durham
Berwick-upon-Tweed, United Kingdom
“Another Excellent Stay!”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed here for four days after New Year with my husband and two daughters.
We all love coming to this Premier Inn as the staff are so friendly and the hotel is lovely and clean, girls love been able to relax downstairs on comfy chairs.
Bedroom and bathroom as always immaculate.

See you all in July again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Rainham
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I recently spent a weekend at this hotel due to the Spring promotion and at first was a bit hesitant as the hotel was located next to bars.I thought it might be noisy. I shouldn't have worried
I was very impressed with everything about the hotel.
Location was fantastic very central next to restaurants,bars and the city sights.
I arrived by train late at night but felt very safe walking the short distance along well lit,sign posted paths to the hotel.My room was quiet.
The hotel must have a very good recruitment program and training as all the staff i met were very attentive and helpful.
I work in Housekeeping and I couldn't fault my room, it was spotless and well maintained
The bed was King size and was very comfortable.
The bathroom was spotless ,the only negative comment was the water pressure in the shower was weak.Might be because the hotel was extremely busy.
A very good sign if a hotel can deliver good service and maintain standards during busy periods.

I visit Durham quite often so I will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank SueRainham
Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This newly built Premier Inn was superb for a budget hotel Our room was at the back of the hotel so it was very quiet. There was a lot of building work just across the road, so I cannot comment on the noise level for the front bedrooms. Dining room wasn't very bif, but the food was very good. This hotel was recommended by a friend and lived up to our expectations.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back to avoid noise from builders across the road
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for a night last year to celebrate our wedding anniversary and we decided to do the same again this year.

Check in was quick and simple and receptionist was very friendly. We went to our room which was absolutely fine dropped off our bag and went to the slug and lettuce for dinner which was less than 5 minutes away. And right by the gala where we went to the cinema.

Room was clean and comfortable and we had premier breakfast (cooked and continental) which was lovely. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank iluvmababyz
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Second time we have stayed here as a family party following an afternoon at the Gala Theatre Panto and once again there were no complaints. Booked 4 family rooms which were clean and spacious. King size beds were extremely comfortable. However the mattresses on the children's single day beds in one of the rooms were showing signs of age as the springs were poking through. Didn't complain as it was only for 1 night. Plenty of towels and nice fluffy ones at that. Staff extremely polite & friendly. Booking in was easy. All four rooms were booked together on one booking & the receptionist apologised as they were unable to locate us all one one floor. This was not a problem as we had 2 rooms on floor 1 & floor 2 & they were next to each other.
What can I say about breakfast, SCRUMPTIOUS, HOT, PLENTY of CHOICE, buffet service which suited us.
Liked the refurbished bar & restaurant area, very comfy.
All in all value for money in a great location.
See you next year Premier Inn after our annual gathering to the panto.

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I have just returned from an excellent stay in the Premier Inn Durham City Centre over Christmas and the New Year.

All your staff at this hotel are really good. Even though you have recently re designed the bar and eating area and now mainly serve a help your self range of hot breakfast items, I was really impressed that Andrea took it upon herself to get my hot breakfast items cooked to order for me. Even her boss Emma made sure I got hot food items on other days.

I have used this hotel on a regular basis and I am made welcome by all your staff and most of them remember me from previous visits.

I would like to thank Donna on reception who on 21/12/2013 took time to allocate me a room and wondered if I would be happy to accept a large disabled access room for my stay. The room Donna gave me was quite and allowed me to relax in comfort.

Chris and Collen on reception both remembered me and made my
stay a pleasant one.

On my final night on 05/01/2014 my brother, his wife and I decided to eat in restaurant. However our food came out cold. Once we reported the matter the Premier Inn they could not have done more to rectify the problem. The food was taken back and re heated. I have to thank Steph who was on duty that night as she decided to recompense us for the cold food by giving us either a free drink or sweet.

This good place to stay and explore Durham from.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room that does not overlook the nightclub side.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed for 1 night in 4 family rooms with all the family immaculately clean and exactly as the advert says soft fluffy towels and plenty of them superb pillows and again plenty of them!
The staff were spot on very polite and treat you as if you were the only one staying there!
The breakfast was excellent and plenty to choose from!
Premiere you should be proud they work for you!
Well done to all we will defo stay again!!

1 Thank Linda O