“ummm lovely”

Che Vita Ristorante
Ranked #231 of 304 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
glasgow
“ummm lovely”
Reviewed 7 December 2009

stayed at hotel attached to che-vita this weekend and had 2 great meals with my partner saturday afternoon we had rack of lamb cooked to perfection and a seafood risotto in a word ..fantastic..We then returned for sunday lunch and had a 2 course lunch this food again was great.. all i can say is "cant wait for our next visit to Durham and to dine here..

durham
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“food disgusting staff rude”
Reviewed 5 December 2009

There was only about ten people in the restaurant . I was taken to my table to a young waitress who had a face like someone sucking a lemon . my husband ordered garlic bread with cheese and I had baby dough balls . this took about 45 minits to arrive when it did it was cold and hard the garlic bread was burnt on the bottom . During our time in the restaurant the waitress never came to the table once and asked if our food was o.k
for the main course my husband had a calzone which was soggy obviously been in the microwave and I had penne arribiata which was more like pasta soup . the sweets were no better we both went for the eaton mess they should change the name and call it simply mess thats what it looked like .

1 Thank simonsp
Durham
“A Hidden gem”
Reviewed 18 November 2009

I live in durham and didnt know this even exsited, excellent food and not just italian(i had rack of lamb which was cooked perfect) It was mams birthday Fab Night

Durham
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rubbish!!”
Reviewed 1 September 2009

I was there this Bank Holiday weekend with my family. Breakfast was a disgrace - £5-95 for an English Breakfast where you were allowed "ONLY ONE CUP OF TEA OR COFFEE".
what a way to run a business which has a captive audience with the Travelodge right next door. Cups were dirty (lipstick), cracked, not available etc. They ran out of hot water to make your ONE CUP OF TEA, and milk as well.
My slice of toast (only one mind) was covered in juice off the beans so putting jam on tit was a no-no!! When asking for more toast we were told we had to pay for it and then it took twenty minutes for it to arrive so our one cup of tea was cold. Two slices of toast cost £1-50p. There was a choice of honey or blackcurrant jam - what a choice when I don't even like honey.
The poached eggs, or rather hard boiled eggs on toast were rock hard, the toast was not even buttered so that was dry as well.
This restaurant is a disgrace to Durham. I even overheard the receptionist in the Travelodge telling a customet that "Wetherspoon's do an excellent breakfast"!!! I think that says it all.
Give this a miss like you would the plague (or swine flu).

1 Thank katiej12
West Country
“Do not use this restaurant for breakfast!!”
Reviewed 1 September 2009

I have just spent a weekend at the Travelodge which is adjacent to this restaurant. They serve breakfasts so, of course, it is patronised by Travelodge customers but the two are separate concerns. I am in my early sixties and I have travelled the world but never, ever have I met such appalling service and apathy at an eating establishment. The single waitress was rude and surly. The cups were dirty and one even had lipstick still on it. When this was pointed out to the waitress, she just snatched it away and shoved another across to me without a word of apology - no words at all. The Continental breakfast is a rip-off. There is only one fruit juice to choose, just two or three cereals and toast and this for nearly five pounds. A sign tells you in no uncertain terms that you are only allowed ONE cup of coffee or tea. There is no large urn of hot water and so, again, the single waitress has to top up a small pump-flask every time with a kettle from the kitchen. Don't darken the door of this place - you will regret it.

2 Thank Roger13