“Excellent hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel Durham
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Nice new building in a scenic location fronted by River Wear. From my room on the front corner I could also see Durham Cathedral. The hotel is an easy walk to the town centre. The hotel has a modern "Scandinavian" decor as you would expect from Radisson (even the toilet was Swedish!) The room was spacious and well-equipped and the bed was good. Breakfast was very good. The price was good value.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
NHollowayGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for your five star review of the hotel.
I am delighted that you enjoyed the decor of the hotel and our fantastic location.
I look foward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon

Reviewed 28 May 2012

hello this is the first time i have ever used this or any other website to rate a stay before. but thought i would hvae to after such an amazing stay.
the room was great, the views were fantastic, and all the staff were so friendly and proffesional. but have to name one member off staff who was polite, helpfull and very proffesional. his name was adam and the service we recieved in the restaurant on the night we stayed was fantastic, even though the it was busy he never left us waiting on food or drinks, and looked very trendy with his glasses and skinny tie. and to who ever made the chocolate fondant mmmmmm.
thank you for a fantastic stay if we can we will certainly look to visit again

Room Tip: we didnt take the business class upgrade but probably should have as it is great value for money
1  Thank b1973c
NHollowayGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your five star review with the Trip Advisor community.
I am pleased that you had an awesome stay and that you enjoyed Adam's service so much that you remembered him ny name. I am sure that your words will be an inspiration to him to keep on delivering excellent service (as well as irrrestible chocolate fondants)
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon

Reviewed 27 May 2012

My husband and I had a couple of nights free from our daughter who was away with school. We decided to see our favourite comedian, Dave Gorman, who was playing in Durham. We felt the need to 'splash' out and treat ourselves....Thankfully, we ignored the bad reviews and stayed at 'Radisson Blu' in Durham.
Our room was large and clean. They had thought of every little extra to make our stay pleasureable! The staff were helpful and friendly. Dinner at Filini's was delicious and reasonably priced. As for breakfast...This had wide choices of everything a person could want!
Best of all, the hotel served until 12 noon! Thus no needing to get up too early at a weekend, race around and be down for breakfast long before you're ready to eat!
An excellent hotel.
We would stay there again and certainly recommend to others.
Thank you.

Room Tip: ask for a river view
1  Thank BERNIEUK14
NHollowayGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Thank you for your five star review of the hotel.
Im pleased that you picked up on all the positive comments we have on Trip Advisor and chose to sat here. Im pleased that you enjoyed the show at the Gala , we are so close to them it must have been convienient for you to just walk over the bridge.
Im happy that you made good use of the facilities as well and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Good location, Price average, rooms good, we did not eat in the hotel as it was a bit pricey, friendly staff and good parking

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
NHollowayGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Thank you for your review of the hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon

Reviewed 19 May 2012

My husband and i stayed at the Radisson Blu hotel in Durham on May 5th for 1 night. We went business class which is well worth the extra money. The room was lovely, clean, spacious and had fantastic views. The reception was warm and friendly and we loved that we could check in at 14.00 instead of 15.00 as in many other hotels. The free bar for an hour and a half was fabulous, lovely wine and bottles of beer included. We could not fault anything about our stay. The pool was lovely and the spa and sauna likewise. Towels were provided and toiletries in the showers and changing rooms, hairdriers and straighteners also which is always a plus. The breakfast which was included was amazing. Everything about it was fresh and plenty of everything. We didnt feel rushed even though the hotel was very busy the time we stayed. Tables were cleaned speedily and staff very helpful. We can not wait to return,and have recommended this hotel to many friends and family. Fab location, fab hotel , fab staff, keep up the good work ( and who needs biscuits in the room??!! pffft) :0)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
NHollowayGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Thank you for your 5 star review of the hotel.
I am pleased that you enjoyed all the facilities that the hotel has to offer and that you enjoyed it so much that you have recommended it to other people.
That is always very pleasing to hear!
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon!
Neal
PS I agree with you about the biscuits!

Reviewed 19 May 2012

Unfortunatley didnt get to stay at the hotel but visited the bar for an early evening meal (as the restaurant was closed) . It was fairly quiet and the barman pleasant. When I gave the meal order and got my receipt I noticed he had booked the wrong type of burger-with items I didnt want. I was offered the extras free of charge as it was his mistake which I declined. Both meals were brought within a decent time, piping hot and very tasty. Bit pricey for what we had but as it was perfect I didnt mind paying more.

Well worth a visit and next time Im in Durham I will stay at the hotel-all looked very clean and pleasant staff.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank isikelso

Thank you for your review of the bar food here at the hotel.
Hope to see you back again very soon

Reviewed 17 May 2012

My colleague had booked a group of us into this hotel for a business trip. At first I thought it was a bit pricey compared to the Holiday INN but it was fantastic. OK there is no SKY News or Sports in the room but it is very well appointed. Loved the Nespresso Machine, Free Parking , Inclusion of Breakfast and the complimentary business lounge (which I missed the chance to use). When I add it all up it is probably much better value than Holiday Inn. So much so I may divert my allegiance to this brand for the next few months. A really nice stay and a very comfortable bed and room facilities. highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Business Room. the extras are worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
NHollowayGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Thank you for your five star review of the hotel.
I am pleased that you enjoyed all the benefits that our business class rooms have to offer.
Just FYI Sky Sports can be found on Channel 49 and there is a list of all 41 channels available in the in room directory.
I hope that next time you stay you get to enjoy the rest of the hotels facilties including our wonderful leisure facilities.
I look forward to seeing you soon