Radisson Blu Hotel Durham
The Honest Lawyer Hotel(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$66
  • Pool
US$67
Croxdale Inn(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$63
Premier Inn Durham North Hotel(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$82
PremierInn.com
US$156
TripAdvisor
Lumley Castle Hotel(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$96
Bowburn Hall(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$65
TripAdvisor
Premier Inn Durham City Centre(Durham)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
2,815 results
All reviewsbusiness classthe riverbusiness roomfree barcar parkcity centrestandard roomacross the bridgemodern hotelgood sizesauna and steam roomjunior suiteleisure facilitiesexcellent hotelbuffet stylepoached eggsbars and restaurants
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Overall I am very satisfied with the hotel. I stayed there many times during the last 3 months, also for weekends as I am working in Durham but I am from abroad. The staff is very polite and nice - they know my name when I come to the breakfast room and great me, the spa and the gym are modern and convenient, the breakfast is delicious, rooms are nicly furbished and clean and the location is excellent.

However there are some cons of the hotel that should be mentioned. They might not be an issue for someone coming here for the weekend only for leisure but as a business traveler, it could be annoying. The internet is very slow, sometimes it happens that there is no wifi at all during the evening when apparently everyone is online and the system is busy. The other negative experience is the speed of roomservice. If they are busy in the peak hours in the evening, it could take even more than 1 hour to get the food. I have to admit that in the last week the roomservice was excellent and fast, app. 20 mins but I had some bad experiences in the weeks before.

The business suits are very large and convenient, all with a river and castle view so if you get the chance you should try it.

Room Tip: You should ask for a room with a view on the river / castle.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

Wifi is appalling and the mobile service is very patchy. I was there for business with a group and all of us battled none stop to get any kind of Internet access. So while the wifi is free, it's of no use. The hotel staff were neither surprised not able to help.

Other than that the hotel was utterly average. Everything was just ok.

Getting anything other than basic black coffee at breakfast was always an issue.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Grate hotel in a good location very modern and well looked after with very attentive staff, very nice spar. good breakfast and nice rooms will definitively return to this hotel, my tip would be pay for your car parking at the hotel reception it costs £7 you will pay £12 at the machine in the car park.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We stayed overnight in this hotel and we were more than happy with the location, staff, bedrooms and food. The room was a good size with a very large bed but unfortunately we both found the mattress and pillows to be very hard and uncomfortable. Our one gripe would be about guests banging and rattling on the main front door to be let into the hotel at 1am and then again at 4.30am!!! Lots of bedroom door banging going on ( I never can understand why these hotels cannot have doors that do not disturb the whole floor when guests close them) There was certainly nothing to complain about the breakfast on our visit and I found the scrambled egg to be the best I have eaten in any hotel. All the staff we came across were very friendly. As mentioned previously it is just a five minute walk over the river into the shops and restaurants. It is a short walk uphill to the Cathedral and Castle which are both well worth a visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We booked two nights in the hotel's business class type room (larger floor area, premium movies, free parking, robes, slippers and a complimentary bar from 5.30 to 7.00pm), we had a view over the river and Durham which was excellent. We ate in the hotel's restaurant on the first night as we have a two year old, whilst the menu wasn't extensive it was reasonable and priced comparable to this type of hotel. There was an issue with our order and the restaurant manager couldn't have been more obliging in resolving this including organising room service as our two year old was becoming restless (she takes after her mum!). Pool and gym is modern and well stocked with good machines. If I was to be hyper hyper critical then it would only be that wifi is rather slow in the rooms. Hints and tips: if you're on a leisure break definitely go for the business class room and the complimentary bar is a small area just inside the restaurant, the red wine whilst being house is very palatable.

• Stayed: February 2013