“Weekend Trip”

Radisson Blu Hotel Durham
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Durham
“Weekend Trip”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Excellent service from all staff, Accommodation was excellent. Food presentation and quality were up to a very high standard. Facilities were very good. Nothing was too much trouble for the very helpful staff.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Louise T, Front Office Service Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Durham, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your 5* review!
I'm very happy you enjoyed your weekend trip and hope we can welcome you back very soon!
Louise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (558)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I booked a stay at the hotel through Stephanie Louise Moore who was a great help advising me on any questions I had, she did great and I am thankful to her for that. The hotel is in a good location on arrival the staff were great and Rebecca(Blond hair) I think her name was helped with the check in. When we got in the room everything was out ready for our arrival and a nice touch from the staff for Tom and Nick with a note wishing them a happy birthday thanks for that! The little snacks were good aswell! I asked for there to be ice buckets and glasses in room which were there but the only issue I would say was the small slim glasses were dirty! The pool and gym were good quality with the staff down there kind and welcoming.

After the pool and gym we then went to see the free bar within the business class and preseidental suite package, that was good the bar area for that was small but we sat outside and in the atrium so was soon organised. I did ask however for a tray to take the drinks all together and the bartender said they had no trays behind the bar whatsoever ... But wasn't an issue, there was a broken glass which took a while to clean up and used paper towels instead of a mop to wipe the floor up and not using a wet floor sign neither.

The room was a great size each had there own space and the taxi was booked and on time to head to Newcastle on the night out! Overall I'm pleased with the service and you should be proud of your staff, I will be back to stay again soon, as I work at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester

Thanks again Scott

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Scott B
Thank you for your detailed review of the hotel
I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope Tom and Nick had a great birthday!
I hope we can welcome you back to Durham soon!
Whitby
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Recently stayed at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Durham on Saturday and overall was very pleasantly surprised as I was expecting being disturbed through the night with "hen & stag" night revellries which did not happen (all credit to those young 'uns who stayed there)!! Lovely Receptionists, nice bar area, good breakfast and excellently situated so close to the city centre. My grumbles were that although our room was lovely with a smashing view over the river, the carpet was badly stained in places and I had to ask for more toilet rolls. Will not hesitate to stay there again though.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Louise T, Front Office Service Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Durham, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for your review of the hotel
I apologise that there appeared to be stain on the carpet in your room. I will pass the feedback directly to our housekeeping team so corrective action can be taken immediately.
I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us overall and I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel very shortly!

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Radison in Durham is in a perfect location close to all amenties. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful, the receptionist especially helpful in giving us a map of the area and recommending restaurants and bars. Will definatley go back to this hotel for another romantic weekend break.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your excellent 5* review
I'm happy you enjoyed your romantic weekend and hope we can welcome you back soon!

Chester
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The hotel is situated on the bank of the river, and just across the adjacent bridge, is the bus stop for the city if you don't fancy the short (but uphill) walk into the centre. In the Radisson tradition, the hotel is a modern and welcoming, and the rooms are large, clean, well decorated and very comfortable. The Restaurant has an Italian theme and the food is acceptable.
The downside of this hotel is the cost of the parking on site, but if you decide to travel by train, the rail station is within 5 minutes of the hotel, making it a perfect hotel for a weekend break.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the river are on the 'sunny side' - no extra charge, but you would need to...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelLife100
Thank you for your kind review of the hotel
I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll come back and visit us again soon!

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Radisson Blu is a really smart hotel with great leisure and dining facilities. The room I stayed in was bright and clean with a great view of the river. The lounge area is modern, comfortable and spacious.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Thank you for your positive review of the hotel
I hope we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a wedding we were attending at Bowburn Hall and this was the closest location with rooms still available. When we arrived there was no car parking spaces available so had to park in a non designated area and upon check in we were told there was no booking in our name. I had booked through Superbreak so whether this is a fault of there's or the Radisson it's not something you expect from companies if their calibre, had I not had a print out of my booking confirmation or proof I imagine we would have had to pay. The room was spacious and had everything we needed and the reception booked us a taxi through a local company. Breakfast is busy so don't expect to be seated straight away,staff were friendly but it took over 15 minutes for a special of poached eggs (1 egg!!) to be brought to the table. We didn't use any of the other facilities but we did check out the pool and it looked lovely. Upon checkout we were asked to the pay for the room and explained the mix up from the night before, because of this the guy on reception didn't charge us for overnight parking. All in all nice facilities and good location but apparently rubbish systems.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel
I apologise for the niggles you faced during your stay with us, especially the busy car park and the delay on your breakfast specials. I am pleased, however, that you enjoyed your stay overall and hope we can welcome you back soon!