“Terrible, rude, and discriminating”
Review of The Coffee House

The Coffee House
Ranked #12 of 16 Coffee & Tea in Durham
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I came in with my friends and we shared some food, however a member of staff asked those who "weren't customers' to leave. We were all sharing which he could obviously see, but insisted we left. Just because we're a group of teenagers doesn't mean we're going to trash the place! Sort your service out man, it's disgraceful!

12  Thank charatkinson

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have been visiting this coffee house since it opened. I find some of the negative reviews hard to fathom. All the staff are very welcoming especially the owners Peter and Margaret they are very welcoming of families and will organise seating to accommodate them. once they know you the both actively talk to the kids.However like most businesses they do expect parents to keep children under control. I wonder what would be the first thing they would do if an accident happened. I love this coffee house because I love coffee with a personal touch and don't like big franchises and will always support this independent business

1  Thank ds777jm
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I love nothing better than having a visit several times a week to the Coffee House, it is by far the friendliest, comfortable and relaxing coffee shop for miles. It has a fab selection of sandwiches hot and cold and lots for those with a sweet tooth! All the staff are so friendly and helpful, and always make such a fuss of my little girl each time we visit even when they are very busy they always make time to have a warm smile and make conversation with both me and my daughter. Which ii feel makes each and every visit all the more special! I recommend this coffee shop to all my friends and family!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I love this coffee shop, it's by far the most friendliest and comfortable atmosphere, and the staff are so lovely and always make such a fuss of my daughter every time we visit which makes it even better to be my number one place to visit regularly each week!!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Having been to the hospital on Thursday we popped into Durham. We got off the Park & Ride bus and needed a drink so went into The Coffe House. Service was polite and friendly and drinks and a bite to eat were brought to the table. They were enjoyable and the atmosphere in the cafe was relaxing.
On leaving another member of staff thanks us for coming.
I found the Coffee House, friendly and relaxing with good service and the fare was value for money.