“Business Stay”

Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I would like to say what a fantastic stay I had at Ramside Hall. I have stayed there numerous times and everytime is just as nice as the last. The staff are fantastic and nothing is too much trouble. I feel I have to mention one member of staff in particular - Victoria Carr she always goes over and above to make sure my stay is special. She is always polite, courteous and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. She is also the utmost professional. She also takes an interest on a friendly level i.e. asks how I am etc.

The rooms are fantastic and nothing is ever wrong. I thoroughly enjoy staying here. Each room has a special touch and the beds are really comfy.

Room Tip: All rooms that I have stayed in are nice.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Tim B, General Manager at Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Ramside Hall Hotel and your very kind comments regarding the level of care and service you received. I will ensure that your comments are shared with Victoria and the rest of the team.

In the meantime, I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Ramside Hall Hotel in the very near future.

Tim Boyd

Write a ReviewReviews (2,499)

Reviewed 20 September 2011

Had a pleasant stay at the Ramside hall Hotel, The staff were helpful and polite.
The rooms were very nice with comfy beds and the bathrooms were modern wet rooms.
My only complaint would be that the walls were not that soundproof, we stayed the night before doing the Great North Run and had hoped for an early night, but there was a wedding party going on in the funtion room and we could here the music quite clearly until it finished. I wouldn't however let this stop me from staying again as had I not been running 13 miles the next morning I would have been merrily drinking in the bar until the music stopped!
We also ate in the Rib/ Steakhouse restaurant in the hotel and can highly recommend the food and the service. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel although we did get a good price on laterooms too, not sure I would want to pay the rack rate!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Ramside Hall Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you had a successful run during the Great North Run event on Sunday.

We hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 11 September 2011

arrived for a free stay at hotel from lloyds tsb
long drive way in to hotel ground lovely planted gardens
reception was very grand and we were quickly checked in to our room
the 1st thing i noticed in the room was the carpet how soft under the feet it was
the room was decorated very nicely in a purple theme the bed was very big on closer look it was two singles together very good sleep on it
bar prices on the dearer side
we always take some wine to have in our room
we had breakfast the next morning which was a buffet plenty to choice from £12.50 each
room has flat screen tv( tyne tees have not switched over yet so not many channels )
trouser press, iron and ironing borad ,
hair dryer extra pillows fresh fruit, sweets and a tea and coffee tray all in room
telephone in room too
wonderful room on ground floor 205

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank linda2908
Tim B, General Manager at Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Ramside Hall Hotel.

I am delighted to hear how pleased you were with the standard of bedroom accommodation and indeed the beautiful location of our hotel.

I hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 8 September 2011

The room was well appointed and of a high standard with a large comfortable bed, I had no concerns about this. The staff were really friendley and helpful too,
My only concerns with the hotel was the restaurant and bar facilities wheich are rather limited. The main breakfast and evening dining room had the feel of a canteen rather than a 4 star hotel. As the hotel is a little outside of Durham then there is not really an alternative without driving. The golf club has a huge bar and is the only place to watch the sport but they stop serving food at 5pm and there were only 3 guest in the bar. There were more staff but they decided to wash the cutlary on the table next to where we were sitting so that they could watch the match too.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Tim B, General Manager at Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2011

Thank you for takingthe time to post your review following your stay at Ramside Hall Hotel.

I was delighted to hear how pleased you were the standard of accommodation and service you received. I would thank you for your comments regarding Pembletons and may I suggest that on your next visit you may prefer to chose the Rib Room Restaurant that offers an exceptional choice menu and dining experience. Pembletons offers all-day dining and our local clients enjoy our traditional, home cooked fare. Plans are in hand to refurbish this area of the hotel.

I hope that I shall have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 August 2011

We have just spent the weekend at Ramside Hall and have had a lovely weekend. The reception staff were welcoming and friendly. The room was superb with beautiful views over the grounds, the bathroom was excellent with clean fresh towels every day and the breakfast had an excellent choice. I would recommend anybody who wanted to have a weekend break and visit the amazing surroundings of Durham & Northumbria to give Ramside Hall a try. The only down side is weddings at the weekend can make your room noisy till about midnight, but hey! it's a wedding

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Tim B, General Manager at Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your most complimentary views on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Ramside Hall Hotel. I note your particular comments with regard to our excellent bedrooms and breakfast service and these will be shared with the team.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

This was our third visit to Ramside Hall Hotel and once again we found all of the staff so very friendly, polite and helpful. We were on a golfing break for two nights and we were allocated a beautiful garden room which was beautifulluy decorated and spotlessly clean. The bathroom was superb with plenty of good quality towels and nice white robes. We opted to use the Carvery instead of the Rib Room to dine and were very disappointed with the carvery - it was not a pleasant experience - a greasy spoon cafe with poor food. No table clothes, get you own cutlery and generally like school dinners. The same facility used for breakfast the next morning was a totally different experience with fresh white table clothes, tables laid and a wonderful selection of food providing everything you could possibly want to give you an excellent breakfast, However we paid £15 each to upgrade to the Rib Room on the second evening and the meal was delightful, though I feel that vegetables and potatoes should be part of the meal and not extras! The staff in the dining room were friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them and it was a pleasureable dining experience. The golf course was in excellent condition and the staff very attentive, the club house - 19th Hole - very good and yes we will be returning.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Ramside Hall Hotel following your third stay at our hotel.

I would take this opportunity to thank you for for your comments with regard to the carvery and am sincerely disappointed that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations in this area of our hotel's facilities. Your feedback is valued, we are not complacent and always look for opportunities to improve our facilities and services. However, I am delighted that you enjoyed dining in the Rib Room and I would assure you that your positive comments regarding our will staff will be shared with the team.

I am very pleased to read that you will be returning to our hotel and hope that on your next visit I will have the pleasure of meeting with you.

Reviewed 21 August 2011

Had a great stay and food /service in Rib was excellant.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your very positive comments on Trip Advisor following your family's stay at Ramside Hall Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Ramside Hall Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Durham
Radisson Blu Hotel Durham
#12 of 18 in Durham
Hardwick Hall Hotel
Hardwick Hall Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sedgefield

Been to Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!