“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Durham
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

Stayed there last night and I have to say it's one of the best I've stayed at, and the value for money was superb. Great clean room that was warm and well appointed and the food was fabulous. Pleasant friendly staff added the icing to the cake. Could not fault the place it is a great hotel. I will use it every time I'm staying up here in the North East

Room Tip: Make sure you book a table in the restaurant as it gets busy
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Karl K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

Have just returned from a two day conference which included an overnight stay. Everyting regarding the conference appeared to be well organised with the buffet lunch on both days being very enjoyable & included a selection of hot & cold food. The bedroom whicjh I allocated was of a very high standard & had obviously been recently refurbished. The bed was very comfortable. The only disappointment was the evening meal. Having attended numerous evening functions at The Ramside I can honestly say that this was the poorest meal that I have eaten there. The soup for starter was no better than tinned vegetable withh added beans & whilst usually the main course vegetables are served separately, on this occassion everything arrived allready on the plate, the carrot batons being the largest that I have ever seen & quite off putting. Dessert was good. In addition, the waitresss who attended to our table was surly to say the least. Breakfast was of a high standard with a good selection. Overall, this is a lovely hotel ideal for business or private use - just please bring the evening catering back up to standard.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tim B, General Manager at Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at Ramside Hall Hotel.

I was delighted to hear how pleased you were with the overall service and comfort of accommodation available and conference facilities and I certainly hope we shall have the opportunity of welcoming you back again very soon.

I'm so sorry to hear you were disappointed with your evening meal, we take great pride in our dining facilities at Ramside, The Pembertons Carvery has recently been refurbished and we aim to serve the highest quality food in both the Pembertons Carvery and Rib Room Restaurant.
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

My family and I were first introduced to the Ramside Hall in August 2011 to celebrate my aunties wedding. All I can say is that the day was perfect! Scenery, service and staff were second to none. A huge shout out to one of the best receptionists I have ever delt with, Vicky! You are extreemly accomodating, efficient and a credit to the Ramside! Since the wedding, my husband and I booked up for our anniversary in the McKintyre suite, which as absolutley fabulous. The room was gorgeous, boasting a brand new top of the range, extra large bathroom. The food served at the steak house and the restaurant was beautiful. I then organised my work night out there, where we attended the Burlesque christmas night, which again we all thoroughly enjoyed. Thank goodness, the Ramside never lived up to its expectations yet again! A fantastic venue for families, couples, weddings and celebratory events! Keep it up!

Room Tip: Ground floor deluxe rooms are ideal and have access to the external, beautifully kept gardens.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

me and my husband stayed at this hotel for one night. we arrived rather late in the evening, the reception staff were very attentive and check in was very quick. staff went out their way to inform us of the dining options. we opted for room service. delivery was quick and the service was excellent. the dessert was delivered after the main meal was served which was nice.
hotel room was clean, and very well presented. we would visit this hotel again and its great for couples

Room Tip: lovely walk in the gardens
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

At the bar, no sparkling water available. "Will tap water be ok sir, with ice and lemon?".
Ok says I, not expecting to be charged £1.80 for tap water!
Ashamed to say this muggers collective is in my home city of Durham.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Doglugs
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

Great location and easy to find. Lovely grounds and had the wow factor as soon as you walked in due to beautiful Xmas decorations. We stayed in the basic room yet this still outclassed some higher grade rooms visited at other hotels. The Rib Room food was delicious. Most of the staff were warm and welcoming and overall I was blown away by the standard and value.

The service provided in the bar was appalling. On 2 occasions nobody was in attendance for 15 mins and the young female working in the evening was quite cool and unhelpful. Room not available at 2pm for check in. Slightly disappointed that I advised stay was a special occasion and no mention made. Whilst I didn't expect much of a gesture for the price paid a congratulatory comment upon check in would have made a difference.

• Stayed January 2012
Cirencester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

We booked two rooms at this hotel and had two children with us. First impressions were that the hotel looked very nice and welcoming. We ate in the restaurant and the food was good, although the staff not particularly friendly. Our problems started when we went to bed, we were located in the old part of the hotel and the noise from 2 wedding disco's was extremely loud. After calling reception several times and asking for the manager (who was hopeless) we were told the music would stop by 12pm, it didn't. This was one of the worst nights stay we have ever experienced. They would not refund our money in the morning and we were so angry with the attitude of the staff who couldn't care less we were too traumatised to bother when we arrived home. We would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank charlotte373
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durham
Radisson Blu Hotel Durham
#1 of 1 in Seaham
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,261 reviews
Premier Inn Durham City Centre
The Honest Lawyer Hotel

Been to Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!