“Ramside really takes some beating”

Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We have had the pleasure of visiting the Ramside many times. We have had lunch/ dinner in the glorious Rib Room, Gianno is just the best, afternoon tea, girls nights out to many of the excellent functions. Recently added a stay onto our list, and my goodness as in the title it really is fantastic. Huge bath, Helen and the team work very hard in events, the reception girls were very helpfull and friendly.
I have heard that a spa is being added to the already superb Ramside ,then it really will "take some beating"
Go Ramside you are the best
Linda and David Carr

Room Tip: Check out the website, we were on the ground floor overlooking the beautiful gardens
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Tim B, General Manager at Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at Ramside Hall Hotel.

I was delighted to hear how pleased you were with the overall service and comfort of accommodation, dining and events available and I certainly hope we shall have the opportunity of welcoming you back again very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,548)

Reviewed 28 January 2012

Stayed last night (27th Jan), check in easy and no delay. Room very comfortable, clean and quiet during my stay. Had dinner with my Father
In the Rib Room as a special treat for his 75th birthday. It was busy but service was good and the T Bone steaks were cooked to perfection. A really good meal and good nights sleep. Highly recomended

• Stayed: January 2012

I was delighted to hear how pleased you were with the overall service and comfort of accommodation and dining available and I certainly hope we shall have the opportunity of welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Stayed there last night and I have to say it's one of the best I've stayed at, and the value for money was superb. Great clean room that was warm and well appointed and the food was fabulous. Pleasant friendly staff added the icing to the cake. Could not fault the place it is a great hotel. I will use it every time I'm staying up here in the North East

Room Tip: Make sure you book a table in the restaurant as it gets busy
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Karl K
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Have just returned from a two day conference which included an overnight stay. Everyting regarding the conference appeared to be well organised with the buffet lunch on both days being very enjoyable & included a selection of hot & cold food. The bedroom whicjh I allocated was of a very high standard & had obviously been recently refurbished. The bed was very comfortable. The only disappointment was the evening meal. Having attended numerous evening functions at The Ramside I can honestly say that this was the poorest meal that I have eaten there. The soup for starter was no better than tinned vegetable withh added beans & whilst usually the main course vegetables are served separately, on this occassion everything arrived allready on the plate, the carrot batons being the largest that I have ever seen & quite off putting. Dessert was good. In addition, the waitresss who attended to our table was surly to say the least. Breakfast was of a high standard with a good selection. Overall, this is a lovely hotel ideal for business or private use - just please bring the evening catering back up to standard.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

I was delighted to hear how pleased you were with the overall service and comfort of accommodation available and conference facilities and I certainly hope we shall have the opportunity of welcoming you back again very soon.

I'm so sorry to hear you were disappointed with your evening meal, we take great pride in our dining facilities at Ramside, The Pembertons Carvery has recently been refurbished and we aim to serve the highest quality food in both the Pembertons Carvery and Rib Room Restaurant.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

My family and I were first introduced to the Ramside Hall in August 2011 to celebrate my aunties wedding. All I can say is that the day was perfect! Scenery, service and staff were second to none. A huge shout out to one of the best receptionists I have ever delt with, Vicky! You are extreemly accomodating, efficient and a credit to the Ramside! Since the wedding, my husband and I booked up for our anniversary in the McKintyre suite, which as absolutley fabulous. The room was gorgeous, boasting a brand new top of the range, extra large bathroom. The food served at the steak house and the restaurant was beautiful. I then organised my work night out there, where we attended the Burlesque christmas night, which again we all thoroughly enjoyed. Thank goodness, the Ramside never lived up to its expectations yet again! A fantastic venue for families, couples, weddings and celebratory events! Keep it up!

Room Tip: Ground floor deluxe rooms are ideal and have access to the external, beautifully kept gardens.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2012

me and my husband stayed at this hotel for one night. we arrived rather late in the evening, the reception staff were very attentive and check in was very quick. staff went out their way to inform us of the dining options. we opted for room service. delivery was quick and the service was excellent. the dessert was delivered after the main meal was served which was nice.
hotel room was clean, and very well presented. we would visit this hotel again and its great for couples

Room Tip: lovely walk in the gardens
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2012

At the bar, no sparkling water available. "Will tap water be ok sir, with ice and lemon?".
Ok says I, not expecting to be charged £1.80 for tap water!
Ashamed to say this muggers collective is in my home city of Durham.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Doglugs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durham
Radisson Blu Hotel Durham
#10 of 18 in Durham
Hardwick Hall Hotel
Hardwick Hall Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sedgefield

Been to Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!