“Nightmare”

Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We ended up in a room, with a shower that the nobs fell off, the room overlooked the laundry room and the window had been painted so it woulkd not open. Complained to the general manager who offered a £40 discount, and a change of room. Then he changed his mind and only offered one or the other. He was very rude and everything had to be done NOW, even though we were late for the wedding. Then he dropped my holdall with a £500 camera in. In the end we did get both options after a lenghy wait. Wrote to the owner, but after 3 weeks he could NOT answer my complaint. Don't stay here if you want agro!!! The travelodge down the road would have been better at half the price. The only hotel I've ever stayed in, who asked for the money as we arrived, now I no why!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Peter J
Tim B, General Manager at Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

We acknowledge that you were not happy with your room on check-in and presented very clearly our solutions in order to resolve the problem for you as quickly as possible so that you could attend the wedding function. We recall that you agreed to our proposals although insisted on a rate reduction to which we later agreed.

I personally explained that a room move had to be completed as a matter of urgency due to the fact that we were operating at 100% occupancy that night.

It is disappointing that in spite of our efforts you were still dissatisfied however I am not prepared for any member of the Ramside team, myself included, or our guests to receive or witness abusive behaviour. Consequently we were more than happy to offer you a full refund and provide you with appropriate transportation to an alternative venue which you declined.

If you wish to discuss this matter further may I suggest that you contact me directly.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Fantastic golf course, brilliant hotel, great service.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Tim B, General Manager at Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

A very large hotel with what appeared to be multiple functions going on when we stayed so very busy. A large comfortable room with a nice view onto the fountain and a very modern well equipped bathroom. The double bed however was a bit small given the size of the room. They could have fitted a kIng size in comfortably.
My wife and I found ourselves here by accident having been moved last minute from a city centre hotel which was having water problems. We were more than pleased by the upgrade despite the incovenience of needing taxis to get in and out of town (a £9 trip each way).
We returned on Saturday evening to find a pleasant singer and pianist in the bar running through what I thought was a great selection of contemporary hits.
The place is a bit of a labyrinth filled with bric-a-brac but has a couple of attractive looking restaurants and bars. The breakfast buffet was really excellent.
I wouldn't generally choose this sort of hotel because of the size preferring something a bit more cosy and intimate but it looked an excellent choice for weddings, conferences and the like. Our taxi driver sang the praises of their golf packages so perhaps I'll return one day for a boys weekend.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit. I am delighted we met your expectations, having been outboooked to us by another hotel, and hope you will return again in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Me and other half stayed here for our first night away from our baby. We did not want to go too far and so decided on Ramside Hall as some friends recommended it.
When we booked we upgraded to an executive room which was well worth the extra money as we got a room which over looked the golf course and the room was very spacious and it looked as if it had just been refurbished with a new bathroom.
We had an excellent meal in the Rib Room the Beef Fillet on the bone was one of the best steaks I have ever had and i would recommend trying this. The wine and drinks were reasonably priced and I liked my real ale so it was good to see 3 on tap.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ed b

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at Ramside Hall.

I was delighted to hear how happy you were with your Executive/Deluxe bedroom, all have been refurbished recently to the highest standard. I hope the peaceful surroundings helped you to relax and enjoy your stay.

I will pass on your kind comments to the Chef and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

After some confusion about a deal on the website I received an email from the manager who couldn't be more helpfull. We stopped bed and breakfast, on arrival reception staff were warm and friendly, our room was spotless and well presented, we did not eat at the rib room because we thought it was a bit pricey, but steak is and it looked a raeally nice place. We popped up the road to west rainton to a little Italian which was excellent.I must say breakfast was excellent, fresh and delicious. In summary I would stop again without a doubt. Well done ramside hall :)

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your recent stay at Ramside Hall.

Firstly, I would like to apolgise for the initial confusion, however I am delighted it was resolved satisfactory. We take pride in the excellent customer service and friendly atmosphere we strive to maintain from the moment our guests arrive to the day they depart.

I hope you will return, and on your next visit, do try a steak in our Rib Room Steakhouse & Grill, I am sure you will not be disappointed, or dine in the recently refurbished Pemberton's Carvery, which has great food and nightly entertainment.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

We visited Ramside recently and as usual were treat so very well!

we dined in Pemberton's Rotisserie & Carvery and my meal was lovely wine not so cheap but I suppose in keeping with hotel/bar prices!

McIntyre suite is amazing and if you can afford it Stay there! I did not want to leave the room so nice!

Gardens are very well kept and cannot see any issues within the hotel!

Returning in June for our wedding!

Room Tip: Suite is a must! Over looks garden area!