“An all round excellent venue”

Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Durham
Newcastle
“An all round excellent venue”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Stayed with my wife overnight for a recent family wedding. Played golf with friends the day before. The weather helped the golf be even more enjoyable day - course in fantastic condition for March.

Rooms were comfortable and very clean and staff attentive. Really like the fact that Ramside Hall is a locally run hotel with attention to detail which normally gets missed with national chains - ie Theakstons Beer on sale, locally sourced produce in Rib Room restaurant.

Our breakfast was superb which topped off an all round excellent experience. Would really recommend this hotel for a golfing trip, wedding or an overnight with meal for a couple.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank PJH263

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
london
Reviewed 29 April 2012

me and my family attended a wedding there on sunday. the whole experience was absolutely great. car parking facilities were more than ample. the venue was done up to a high standard with clean crisp linen to the well dressed waiters and waitresses. the service was well organised and the whole function was completly effortless and enjoyable,

WELL done to all the staff at Ramside

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Tyne and Wear
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed with my husband as we were guests at a wedding being held here. Very clean and comfortable room. Really nice bathroom. Breakfast was amazing - everything you could possibly want and nicely cooked. Staff very polite and helpful. We would recommend this hotel to anyone. In fact we have booked up to go again this weekend coming as would like to try out their Rib Room restaurant for my husbands birthday.

Room Tip: Room 327 overlooks front car park and was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DustyTyneandWear
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We ended up in a room, with a shower that the nobs fell off, the room overlooked the laundry room and the window had been painted so it woulkd not open. Complained to the general manager who offered a £40 discount, and a change of room. Then he changed his mind and only offered one or the other. He was very rude and everything had to be done NOW, even though we were late for the wedding. Then he dropped my holdall with a £500 camera in. In the end we did get both options after a lenghy wait. Wrote to the owner, but after 3 weeks he could NOT answer my complaint. Don't stay here if you want agro!!! The travelodge down the road would have been better at half the price. The only hotel I've ever stayed in, who asked for the money as we arrived, now I no why!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Peter J
Tim B, General Manager at Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
We acknowledge that you were not happy with your room on check-in and presented very clearly our solutions in order to resolve the problem for you as quickly as possible so that you could attend the wedding function. We recall that you agreed to our proposals although insisted on a rate reduction to which we later agreed.

I personally explained that a room move had to be completed as a matter of urgency due to the fact that we were operating at 100% occupancy that night.

It is disappointing that in spite of our efforts you were still dissatisfied however I am not prepared for any member of the Ramside team, myself included, or our guests to receive or witness abusive behaviour. Consequently we were more than happy to offer you a full refund and provide you with appropriate transportation to an alternative venue which you declined.

If you wish to discuss this matter further may I suggest that you contact me directly.
Hebburn
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Fantastic golf course, brilliant hotel, great service.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Tim B, General Manager at Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments. Hope to see you back soon.
Peterborough
Reviewed 22 April 2012

A very large hotel with what appeared to be multiple functions going on when we stayed so very busy. A large comfortable room with a nice view onto the fountain and a very modern well equipped bathroom. The double bed however was a bit small given the size of the room. They could have fitted a kIng size in comfortably.
My wife and I found ourselves here by accident having been moved last minute from a city centre hotel which was having water problems. We were more than pleased by the upgrade despite the incovenience of needing taxis to get in and out of town (a £9 trip each way).
We returned on Saturday evening to find a pleasant singer and pianist in the bar running through what I thought was a great selection of contemporary hits.
The place is a bit of a labyrinth filled with bric-a-brac but has a couple of attractive looking restaurants and bars. The breakfast buffet was really excellent.
I wouldn't generally choose this sort of hotel because of the size preferring something a bit more cosy and intimate but it looked an excellent choice for weddings, conferences and the like. Our taxi driver sang the praises of their golf packages so perhaps I'll return one day for a boys weekend.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit. I am delighted we met your expectations, having been outboooked to us by another hotel, and hope you will return again in the future.
darlington
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Me and other half stayed here for our first night away from our baby. We did not want to go too far and so decided on Ramside Hall as some friends recommended it.
When we booked we upgraded to an executive room which was well worth the extra money as we got a room which over looked the golf course and the room was very spacious and it looked as if it had just been refurbished with a new bathroom.
We had an excellent meal in the Rib Room the Beef Fillet on the bone was one of the best steaks I have ever had and i would recommend trying this. The wine and drinks were reasonably priced and I liked my real ale so it was good to see 3 on tap.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ed b
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at Ramside Hall.

I was delighted to hear how happy you were with your Executive/Deluxe bedroom, all have been refurbished recently to the highest standard. I hope the peaceful surroundings helped you to relax and enjoy your stay.

I will pass on your kind comments to the Chef and hope to welcome you back very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durham
Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County
The Honest Lawyer Hotel
Rockliffe Hall
Rockliffe Hall
#1 of 1 in Hurworth-on-Tees

Been to Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!