“ramside hotel and golf club, county durham”

Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We booked this hotel for a family get-together and it was ideal for our purposes. Staff were very kind,courteous and helpful and the building was spotlessly clean.Bedrooms ,also, were very clean and comfortable ,as were the beds. Breakfast was enjoyable and provision had been made for the whole family to eat at one table for all meals. Our evening meal was a little disappointing as it was felt the quality of the cooking could have been improved. The restaurant was very busy and so was very noisy and the loudness of the music/ singer contributed to that. We had not been told of the option of eating in the steak-room so next time we will make sure we do just that. There will be a next time as the entire family enjoyed our stay very much.

Room Tip: In spite of there being another 2 functions at the same time as our stay, all bedrooms were very qui...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Tim B, General Manager at Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Ramside Hall Hotel.

I am delighted how pleased you were our facilities and standard of guest care you received and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

Be warned, go early! The carvery gets absolutley packed, and after 12.30 it gets difficult to find a seat, and after a heafty sunday roast with all the trimmings, which is cooked to perfection, you can see why.

Before we ordered, we watched peoples plates pass our table thinking how did they get that much food on them! Then we joined the end of the queue and the choices of carvery were so tempting, it really is hard to resist. For a meagre £9.95 you don't have to eat again all day! Well done Ramside Hall!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pensionerposter

Thank you for posting a review of your recent Sunday lunch at Pembertons Carvery.

I am delighted at how pleased you were and please be assured your comments will be shared with our team.

I hope that we shall be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

We went to the Ramside Hall Hotel to celebrate my cousins 90th birthday, many of her family flew in from distant parts including friends there were 50+ present, so it was a real family get together. The Ramside was perfect for such an event, the staff were excellent, the lunch celebration was marvellous , and everyone enjoyed themselves.

I would like to mention two of the staff by name Amy and Janis who were extra special on our arrival and departure, thank you both

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Tim B, General Manager at Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Thank you for choosing Ramside Hall Hotel for your very special family celebration and I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your visit.

Please be assured that your comments will be shared with the team and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

Well this hotel provided me with not just one but two first time experiences neither of which were pleasant. Having pre-booked my stay, on arrival I was asked to pay in advance, this is the first time ever I have been asked to pay in advance for an hotel stay at any hotel including this one which I have stayed at many times over the last 20 years. I questioned this and was told by the receptionist that it was hotel policy and had been for all the time she had worked there which was over 4 years. I pointed out I had stayed many times in the last 4 years and never paid in advance but paid and went to my room. Shortly after I received a telephone call from the reception supervisor , experience number two, complaining that I had upset the receptionist and this was unacceptable as she was only doing her job !! I have to seriously question an establishment which calls itself a first class hotel and demands full payment up front , and allows its staff to chastise the customers for complaining. If you want a first class experience this hotel is certainly not for you.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Helsy
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I often use the Ramside hall as a place to meet people for business meetings. It offers a quiet and peaceful lounge area between the cavery and the conference rooms. Ideal for the quiet business meeting without the hussle and bussle of the high street or busy cafes.
The prices I would say are reasonable and what can be expected of such a nice place. There is plently of parking and it is FREE unlike meeting in the city centres. I have also attended a number of larger business events and meetings in the meeting rooms and do find them to be one of the best in the region. The food is also very good at these events and very well presented.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Ramside Hall Hotel following your most recent visit.

I am delighted how pleased you are with our meeting room and restaurant facilities and hope that we shall have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Stayed here overnight having played in a "Pink" golf day. Dinner was provided in the Ball Room as part of the experience and was of a good standard. Shared a twin room with a girlfriend. Room was spotless with modern bathroom. Lovely comfortable beds with reather heavy quilt. Comfortable night sleep and breakfast was plentiful afterwards.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Ramside Hall Hotel.

Please be assured that your comments will be shared with the team and I hope that we shall have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Had booked a so called deluxe room through Superbreak website as a birthday treat for my girlfriend but on arrival the hotel had no record of the booking. Luckily I had printed out my booking confrmation and taken it with me and I was told that fortunately the hotel had rooms available. Not convinced the room we were given was a deluxe which i had paid extra for, wouldn't say the bathroom was exactly 'stunning' as described when i was booking it.
Having said all that, the room was nicely enough appointed and comfortable although somewhat cold as the only heating was a quite innadequate fan convector heater which was practically hanging off the wall and very noisy. No heating at all in the bathroom which was freezing!
The hotel itself is quite grand with excellent restaurants and bar facilities and set in lovely grounds of the surrounding golf course but i cant help being very disappointed with both the room and the booking mix up although i did recieve an apology when checking out and the hotel admitted it was their mistake. Not quite the romantic break I had hoped for!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durham
Radisson Blu Hotel Durham
The Honest Lawyer Hotel
Hallgarth Manor House
Hallgarth Manor House
#12 of 18 in Durham

Been to Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!