Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
US$108
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Honest Lawyer Hotel(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$68
Hotels.com
US$216
US$101
  • Pool
Bannatyne Hotel Durham(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$54
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Lumley Castle Hotel(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$90
Bowburn Hall(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$67
Priceline
Premier Inn Durham City Centre(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$98
  • Bar/Lounge
Travelodge Durham(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$63
Travelodge
Premier Inn Durham North Hotel(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$85
2,639 results
All reviewsrib roomgolf coursefusion restaurantsteakgolf clubgolf breaknew wingdeluxe roomlovely hotelhuge bedreception staffgreat nightevening mealbirthday treatcooked to perfectionfantastic stayspecial occasion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Dined in the "Rib Room" for one of the best Sunday lunches I have had for a while, good choice menu (£15.95 2 course) very peasant floor staff and a very helpful restaurant manager.
I thought this was a better option rather than waiting in line for the carvery, although I hear is brilliant value, maybe next time.
The roast beef was so tender and the pork looked delicious, I would swear the Yorkshire pudding had only just come from the oven.

Well done

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Tim B, Manager at Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed for one night on the stay and dine offer, that we do quite often as I love the rib restaurant and the offer is well worth the money.
Check in very slow again they could not find our booking this is the second time this has happened and we end up standing around for 15 minutes plus.
New booking made we were put in a room with 2 beds not one large bed which was annoying however we didn't have time to complain as our meal was booked for 7pm and time was getting on.
Disappointed to find the lobster has been removed from the menu as this is what I get each never, ordered the steak very nice but the food and staff are always lovely.
Shame the same can't be said about a group of adults sat near to us in the rib restaurant who stared and whispered at myself and husband as soon as we walked it quite uncomfortable when my husband went to the toilet they done it even more!!!! So Rude! I got annoyed and we left straight after food. Same as below review we were woken by fights and the police turning up at the hotel. This isn't the ramsides fault I understand but there's just a few things that have made my stay this time not as enjoyable some of them can't be controlled by the hotel.
I will still be booking to stay here again in a few months it's a nice break even if just down the road.
Room service for breakfast was fab and the waiter very friendly.
Would definitely recommend the Ramside

1  Thank Helen hepton H

Thank you for your review and apologies for the other guests

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My Husband and I recently brought a business in Durham, living the other side of the country we have no choice but to use the local hotels. We have tried them all and finally we have found one that meets expectation.

The rooms are nice but no room light the only lighting is lamps, the room we had had patio doors opening to the garden which will be great when we bring the dogs up with us.

Dinner was ok and its nice to have a choice of restaurants.

Staff are very friendly and welcoming.

Overall the hotel is ok but it is in our opinion the best hotel in Durham.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Had a lovely stay staff were warm and welcoming room was stunning dinner in the rib room was fab we will back for a stay later this year .breakfast there was a very good choice and again staff were warm and helpful

2  Thank Sharon W

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stopped over for one night on 25/01/14, upon arrival I was asked to pay a £50 cash room bond (debit card not accepted) which I have never came across before and thought was a bit over the top. the place itself is lovely and has a great relaxed atmosphere in the lounges and bar area. Food and drink weren't to over priced. Rooms were big enough but we stopped in a room with no ceiling light only lamps (all of which used energy saving bulbs) so it was very dingy, apart from that the room was clean and tidy.
Through the night was a complete change of atmosphere, we stopped on the 3rd floor which must be where they put all the expected drunks. At 11pm all you could here is drunks shouting swearing at the top of there voices. To which the night staff could not sort out as he was told to aggressively go away. That lasted for about an hour then all hell broke loose. Fighting screaming swearing you name it. In short the police were called and order was restored within about two hours. I understand that the customers were at fault here but what I was disappointed at the lack of control and how long it took before the police were actually called by the night staff. Very disappointing.
Apart from that is was a nice place to stay with a nice atmosphere. And this customer disorder may of been a one off.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet area if stopping on a weekend if you want some sleep
1  Thank Mercersworld