“Gorgeous”

Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights after our wedding and i wouldn't of rather been anywhere else. i asked for room 227 and we were given this and its gorgeous. I didn't want to leave! We had breakfast which was excellent a great choice to suit everyone. we also had a meal in the rib room which was also excellent. the staff are lovely and i can't wait to go back again. didn't want to leave

• Stayed: March 2014
Tim B, Manager at Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Thank you for your comments and will pass them on to all concerned and hope to see you again soon

There are newer reviews for Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa

Reviewed 24 March 2014

A present from our family,a night at Ramside Hall, excellent! from arriving to leaving the staff were great. Our family joined us for a meal in the Rib room, delicious. The restaurant was full but the service was first class. We look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Ramside Hall was the former home of the Pemberton family. It is situated just a few quilometres from Durham, North East England. It is a very nice hotel, with large, confortable and elegant rooms, with scenic views of the countryside. Staff is helpfull and very friendly. Breakfast was very good. Dinner is a bit expensive. I stayed there last summer and will sure return one day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank isabeldantas

Thank you for your review and 5 star rating and we hope to see you again

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have used the Ramside a number of times now and have found the place to be comfortable and helpful. However on my recent visit I was asked to 'swipe a card'. As always I declined this stating I would use cash only. This has never been an issue in the past.
The Lady on reception this time however stated that "She would stamp my card as 'cash only' this time but policy had changed and in futute I would not be allowed to stay unless I did swipe my credit card".
I explained that my room was booked through the Company I work for and therefore they have all my contact details and insurance should I incur damages etc. This was rejected out of hand.
I went on to explain that I was reluctant to divulge my credit card details because a number of years ago £200 was taken from my card from a hotel and when I queried this they had no records of it. I had become a victim of credit card theft.
The lady on reception restated the policy that if in future I book a room, whether through a company or not, if I refuse to swipe my card then I would not be allowed to stay.

I replied that sadly I would then be forced to book with another hotel. Her response was quite flippant and to the effect that I am free to make that choice.

This has soured my opinion of what was up till now a friendly and helpful Hotel. I shall now book into a central Durham Hotel. Are Hotels doing so well these days that they can alienate customers? Especially customers who work for large companies who can influence the booking policy of their own colleagues as I most certainly will.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Chris H

Thank you for your review and will pass your comments on regarding our policy.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Just spent one night at this hotel on a stay and dine package at £129 in a deluxe room on the second floor over looking the golf course, the package included £50 towards dinner in the Rib Restaurant on Saturday evening.
On booking online we received a courtesy call from a very friendly member of staff, which was helpful as I wanted to book Sunday lunch as we were planning entertaining friends who live locally.
On checking-in we were again warmly greeted by friendly and helpful staff.
The room was extremely spacious if not huge with a very large bed, the bathroom having been recently refurbished was contemporary in white brick style tiling, two washbasins and a massive bath more than big enough for two.
The hotel provides a number of bar areas, function rooms and dinning areas, we had a lovely hot beef sandwich for lunch sat in a comfy lounge overlooking the garden and fountain.
Our evening dinner in the Rib Restaurant was excellent again served by friendly and attentive staff, it was busy that evening with over 130 dining in the restaurant. There is also a carvery in another part which is also busy and very popular, the helpings look huge.
Sunday lunch was again first class, good quality cuts of meat, plenty of vegetables.
On checking out the staff were again very helpful and polite.
The hotel is currently expanding with building work to construct a health suite with swimming pool and a further extension of room, none of this work caused any problems during in our stay and when completed in April 2015 will further enhance this excellent hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments and 5 star review and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed recently for a one night birthday celebration and have nothing but praise for all involved. Greeted by very friendly and helpful reception staff, beautiful clean and comfortable room and a fantastic meal / drinks all made up for an excellent experience. Would have no hesitation to recommend and will definitely return. Only one minor irritation was the wifi signal was very poor and couldn't get a connection but that wouldn't deter me from a future stay at Ramside Hall.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank NA1976

Thank you for your review and will pass on your comments to all concerned

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Just returned from an overnight stay (only wish it could have been longer) but we have already booked our next stay!!! From arriving until we left everything was superb staff, food and the cleanliness was second to none.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine C
Tim B, Manager at Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for your review and 5 star rating

Also consider these accommodations in or near Durham
Radisson Blu Hotel Durham
The Honest Lawyer Hotel
Rockliffe Hall
Rockliffe Hall
#1 of 1 in Hurworth-on-Tees

Been to Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!