“Comedy or Errors” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Durham
Durham
“Comedy or Errors”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2010

We are a doctors practice and attended the Re-Take That on 3.12.10 - it was a complete disaster from beginning to end - the marquee (which was not advertised on the initial web site only on the PDF file) was freezing, the electricial system broke down several times the food was cold and served with long intervals between each of us on the table. we sat in coats and boots all night. and even then we were cold. The room was not as advertised not themed no chocolate fountain no meet and greet with group The portoloos were so cold you could see your breath - no water no flushing so you can imagine what they were like after a couple of hours. Some of our party came a distance to attend it was very embarrassing the whole night was an absolute disgrace we have to date not been offered any compensation.

• Stayed December 2010
2 Thank Audrey4774

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
Lancashire England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2010

We stayed at Ramside Hall recently and are astonished by some of the poor reviews. We found the staff very helpful and friendly. The room was large, clean and comfortable. We ate at the carvery which was good value for money. For an extra £20 we got to see Ray Quinn perform live and have a 2 course meal. Fantastic value for money. Would recommend this hotel.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2010

I arrived at 5pm expecting to be able to have a leisurely soak and get ready for an event at the hotel, only to find there was no hot water and the room was cold. I reported this to reception around 6pm. A porter came to room. He said he had switched on the boiler and he turned on the hot water tap and said that he hoped the water would soon start to run throuigh hot. Alas it didn't. I ended up having a cold shower and having to get ready in cold room. There was no hot water the following morning either and the room was exceptionally cold, following a frosty night. I was therefore unable to bathe or shower before I checked out that morning.

I did express my dissatisfaction when I checked out. I did get a rather lame apology from the hotel receptionist. I left the hotel feeling I had not received the level of service expected from a four star hotel. I emailed the hotel director and the reception manager and have not had a response. After a week I emailed again including the generic email address and 2 weeks on I have still not had a response. I can only assume a customers experience is of no concern to them

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brenda B
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

I got a choice of a free hotel night with my mobile contract and as we lived locally we decided to stay here as it had always appealed to us.

Check in was an easy process, we went downstairs and had a snack in the restaurant area. This area could do with updating but was alright. The room was lovely with two big beds and a big TV and the bathroom was lovely as well. I had a greats night sleep here and would recommend it. Unfortunately breakfast was not included so can not comment on that.

The hotel is out of the city but not that far away, would recommend only staying in this hotel if you have a car otherwise it is a bit awkward to get around from there. Otherwise I would recommend it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

I am a female lone business traveller and I stay at Ramside at least once per month. The rooms are homely, comfortable, clean and the restaurant and all areas are comfortable, nicely furnished and I'm happy to spend time out of my room and enjoying the superb food in the Grill. (which is the only restaurant in the hotel I have used as the food is so good) Staff are friendly, food is excellent and it is my home from home.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Durham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2010

My first experience of Ramside Hall Hotel is their service from reception to managers is absolutely appalling. We will most certainly not be attending again, my recommendation is read plenty of reviews BEFORE attending instead of afterwards like we did.

2 Thank stephenl2010
north east
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

Stayed here as part of a wedding party - the hotel was fully booked so was a little anxious especially after reading recent reviews that if the room was dreadful I couldn't ask for a move.
The room was fine - sash windows, one of which was blocked open so the room felt a little cold at first - quick 10 mins from the heater took care of that. During the night though the room was boiling and there isn't any air-con or fans. No mini-bar either, quite a suprise.
The layout in the hotel isn't very well signposted (even the main reception isn't that clearly marked) - you come to plenty of corridors where there are no signs indicating what goes where - so don't try wandering in heels.
Shame there's no leisure side to the hotel aside from the golf, pool and gym are surely the next necessary addition for the non-golfers amongst us.
Wine was £5.20 a glass (250ml) or £15.95 a bottle, can't recall the last time it was cheaper to buy wine by the glass.
Breakfast was ok, plentiful selection - as I said the hotel was full but didn't feel like a school canteen.
Staff were very helpful at all times, although the layout even seems to confuse them - they politely held doors for us only to find they were taking us to the wrong floor.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durham
Radisson Blu Hotel Durham
#1 of 1 in Seaham
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,260 reviews
Premier Inn Durham City Centre
The Honest Lawyer Hotel

Been to Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!