“Lovely atmosphere and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Filini Restaurant - Durham - CLOSED

Filini Restaurant - Durham
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Durham, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely atmosphere and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

The food was fantastic, we had a taste card so it made it even better value. The staff were very attentive and even made a special effort of the birthday celebration.

• Visited February 2014

Durham, United Kingdom
“restaurant is overpriced, unispiring with slow service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I attended here just for a meal that was paid for as a small corporate hospitality event, they aren't listed in he restaurant section hence the review is in the hotel section. I am so glad I did not pay as it was overpriced with a poor consumer experience.

The first rip off is the parking - the only restaurant I have used with on-site parking that you have to pay for; fortunately I found the last space on the waterfront that was free at that time. We were shown to a table in the rather cavernous but sparsely used (now I know why) restaurant. The staff were attentive when it came to ordering. I chose the selection of meats, steak and chocolate tart.

Be aware that you get exactly what the menu says - the selection of meats had a minimal amount of salad. The steak (small but cooked ok) and rocket was just that, a small steak on a plate with a scanty sprinkling of rocket. This place has that awful attitude that anything is chargeable extra but you get one "free" side dish and chose the small over cooked and uninspiring chips. Condiments were presented in their commercial jars to avoid the staff wasting their time transferring them into a small serving dish. The chocolate tart was nice and the presentation was good showing what could be done if they were bothered.

After they'd got our order we were all but abandoned and I didn't appreciate having to go the length of the room to find someone to fill up the water. The time between courses was slow for a restaurant that had few customers. We decided to miss the coffees as we couldn't be bothered any longer as we had been ignored too long.

The cost was over £40 excluding wine which is simply not good enough. The only reason I can see for this restaurant is for corporate customers staying at the hotel. My advice is to take the short trip into the city centre and get a much better experience.

1 Thank josephbloggs1234
rickmansworth
“A great place to eat, drink and relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

great service , and no evidence of catering packs been served up !!,
my dietary requirements were very quickly understood and met

Visited February 2014
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Nice setting and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

My husband, sister and I enjoyed a meal here on the Saturday evening of our visit. My husband and I had pizzas and icecream and my sister had the risotto. All our meals were good.
The service was friendly and understated.
We were intrigued to be told by a staff member she would have to check availability (we had not booked) as the restaurant was only a third - half full.
Also, the restaurant needs to update its card facilities, as there is no card payment machine, it is all done at the till. The waiter/waitress has to tap in your card number on the till for all to see. Not good.
The food, service, setting and ambiance are good, they just need to update their payment facilities. With hindsight, we should have charged it to our room...

Visited January 2014
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Ate with strangers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Met a lovely couple in the Raddison bar and decided to try this restaurant which is actually the hotel breakfast bar also.
This is advertised as an Italian restaurant with a very limited menu.
The food that we did order was good but more Italian cuisine needed and the staff agreed with me that the menu was limited.Other than that the price was OK and service OK. Alright if you are staying in the hotel and can't be bothered to walk to the town.

Visited December 2013