“Rude Senior Member Of Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Saddlers Cafe and Bistro - CLOSED

Saddlers Cafe and Bistro
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: An inviting, affordable and down to earth cafe bistro located in Saddler street. Delicious homemade food cooked to order, from sandwiches to pasta dishes, something to cater for everybody's taste, including our weekday specials menu. If you don't fancy a full meal enjoy a homemade scone or slice of cake. We also serve "proper coffee" made from espresso, various tea's, milkshakes, soft drinks and alchohol. Everyone welcome!
Peterlee, United Kingdom
“Rude Senior Member Of Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was looking for somewhere for my Fiance and myself to have breakfast, we entered Saddlers as we liked the look of the establishment. My Fiance ordered a cooked breakfast, with white toast when it arrived it had brown toast, the plate was cold the food was barely warm. My Fiance talked to the younger waitress who was very pleasent, and she explained that there had been a mix up, and would get some white toast, which didnt arrive. When we talked to the waitress oagain by this time my Fiance breakfast was cold,also egg still had slime on yolk, he said to the waitress it didnt matter and he no longer wanted the breakfast. What should have been a nice morning for both of us appeared spoiled, as I had to eat my breakfast alone. After we had drunk our coffees and I had eaten my breakfast, an Older member of staff came to collect the plate and coffee cups. When we went to pay the bill it was the same Older member of staff that took payment, and added that she had not charged myself for the breakfast, to which I replied that I wouldnt have expected her to, and added the following, wrong toast, cold plate,egg not cooked fully, long wait for white toast breakfast went from being warm to going cold. Older member of staff said all over the wrong toast, which I felt was for the benefit and show for the the two customers that had appeared behind us. As we were leaving the Rude Older Member of Staff said " Why Dont You Go Back To McDonalds". I would not revisit this establishment again, and would certainly not reccomend anybody else to.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank GraemeWeatherall

• Chinese (Traditional) first
scottish borders
“The strawberry tarts are the best ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We had a very tasty snack around lunchtime and on the way out we spotted the strawberry tarts.
After a wander around the delights in the centre of Durham we returned later in the afternoon for tea and cake. We can highly recommend the enormous strawberry tarts! Perfect!
This Café is nicely old and is situated on three floors, all of which were full at lunchtime. The menu is fairly extensive and would suit most tastes.
The staff are very helpful, friendly and extremely efficient.
If you like strawberry tarts and are not on a diet, you must go here!

• Visited April 2014
“A nice place for lunch.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I had a coffee and an apple pie. The coffee wasn't amazing and the apple pie was a bit too melted. However the ice cream with it was very tasty ! I have seen the lunches on the other table and they look very good. The breakfast seems very good too.

Durham, United Kingdom
“Rude Staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I had a few friends over to visit Durham and having had a good experience at Saddlers in the past we headed there for afternoon tea,but unfortunately this visit was not pleasant. Our order was quickly taken however we waited for more than 15 minutes for just our drinks to arrive. Whilst we were waiting the atmosphere felt very tense and stressful with staff arguing and clearly unable to cope with the pressure. I had a scone with a very small portion of jam. When I asked the staff for some more, one pleasant girl said yes of course help yourself whilst a senior colleague who overhead barked in an unpleasant tone that there would be an additional charge. Its a shame but after todays experience I will not be visiting again.

Visited March 2014
4 Thank Lancashirelass111
Durham, England, United Kingdom
“Did not expect the very best meal in town but......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

- we got a decent little lunch in a central location - priced well.

Up rickety stairs and a touch cramped, but not enough to put it down to just 'good'.
Coffee was good, baked potatoe and salad was generously portioned.

No parking - try the multi-storey.
Close to shops, cathedral and castle.

Worth it for coffee and lunch, late breaksfasts and so on.

• Visited February 2014