“Pleased its no longer open”
Review of Beamish Arms

Beamish Arms
Ranked #197 of 324 Restaurants in Durham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Pleased it is now closed.
Glass was found in food served to one of party, nothing was done about it so I'm happy it has since ceased trading.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Don't agree with the comment below about the carvery, Visited this pub for the first time on sunday, me and the family, we booked a table in advance for the 6 of us, me and 4 others had the carvery which was lovely and fresh, we especially liked the beef nice and tender and melting in our mouth's, with it being our first time here the staff explained the menu for the great value 2 or 3 course specials under £10, my partner had the sirloin steak which he said was to die for, and the other party member had the lamb shank which fell of the bone, I would recommend anyone to visit this pub as it has really friendly staff and a great atmosphere, well done beamish arms best food in the area would highly recommend :)

Reviewed 10 June 2012

i went with my family and a few people had told me it was nice so i had the carvery and it was awfull the vegetables looked like they had been there for years the only nice thing was the gravy!! we were hungry after not eating our dinner so we had dessert and that was also just really cheap tasting, i would never go back

1  Thank rachel r
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Can't comment on the rest of the menu but if you want Sunday lunch thats almost as good as mmine, then this is the place to eat. As you enter they have a bar on one side and restaurant on the other. Lovely staff and nice atmosphere. Tables are nicely spaced too. Childrens soft play is in a separate room. Food is great value for money, the carvery especially. Worth travelling a it out of your way to sample the food. Its not cordon bleu but better than your run-of-the-mill pub meal.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Enjoyed a great Sunday night carvery organised by friends and family on a caravan rally at nearby Beamish Museum.