Open today: 07:30 - 18:00

More Info
from US$338.31
More Info
6,113 results
All reviews venerable bede magnificent building st cuthbert awe inspiring rose window well worth a visit stained glass norman architecture no charge free entry harry potter world heritage site the river steeped in history gift shop guided tour palace green
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A must see wether your local or visiting. So much history.
Have been here many times in my life but it’s always interesting to see.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

You had the option of donating £3.00 on entry and could pay more in you wish, which is I feel very good as I am not a religious person but strongly believe we should not be forced to pay to gain entry into a religious building.
Lots of history and very nice people to explain it, was so impressed how well it was run we donated some more on the way out.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Durham cathedral is a beautiful place of worship when I go there I always feel very humble and a great feeling of peace comes over me in fact its time I visited again to see our history laid out for you to see and if anyone has not visited yet you will not be
disappointed …..

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I fully appreciate the fact that money is needed for the upkeep of the fabric of the building and as a place of worship no admission fee can be charged (although a fee is charged at York Minster) I thought I was being handed a map as I entered bit it was a request for a donation. I feel there were enough opportunities to donate without the demand as we entered.
We enjoyed the visit and really enjoyed the museum - no objection to the charge and found the assistants there very friendly and willing to answer our questions.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing Experience and it’s free. Well ok they ask politely for a donation which we were more than happy to give.
The Cathedral is stunning and will be even more so when the Tower is fully renovated.
There are a host of volunteers on hand who have a terrific wealth of knowledge regarding the building.
Highly recommended.