“Fabulous Tapas”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: authentic homemade Spanish Tapas served in rustic surroundings
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Tapas restaurant in Durham. First visit here but it will become a regular haunt for me. Excellent food, served very hot at the right speed and lots of variety with the dishes. Loved the chicken cooked with dates in a creamy sauce. Service was good, friendly staff. This one is just a wow.

3  Thank Tracy C
There are newer reviews for El Coto

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Visited el coto for a third time and have always really enjoyed it but it seems to have got even better!! We ordered 5 tapas between two of us which was more than enough. We absolutely loved the beef chickpea and aubegine stew as well as the dates wrapped in bacon.

Service was friendly and the food arrived extremely promptly. The atmosphere is great and a perfect place to spend a relaxed evening.

We made use of their 20percent off voucher from their website which meant the meal was incredibly good value!

1  Thank Brit_travellerUK
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a tapas restaurant, been here two or three times. Food is excellent and it has a pretty authentic feel to it, even though the building used to be a traditional English city pub.
Service is charming and friendly and the members of staff are helpul with the menu. They can try and rush you a little though.

1  Thank Graham M
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Went here with a couple of friends on a Sunday. Think they managed to squeeze us in just before it got busy. The food was absolutely amazing and we all came away satisfied. My friend is a regular so knew the best things on the menu but I'm sure everything and anything would be good - I especially liked the Spanish omelette. Will pop by when I'm up in Durham again

Reviewed 27 June 2014

my wife & I had Tapas for 2. lots of food, tasty & varied. the drinks are good value & the staff were helpful, attentive & welcoming.

1  Thank David A