“Not so much of a treat anymore!”
Review of Treats Tea Room

Treats Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Durham
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Award Winning -Treats Tea Shop is situated in Siver Street, Durham City, not far from Marks & Spencer and on the same side of the street as the Post Office: we are on the right hand side of The Bodyshop up a short flight of stairs: we assist with wheelchair access and pushchairs:All of our food is made on the premises from the very best of ingredients: our menu ranges from home made scones to large portions of home made cake to toasted sandwiches / paninis / jacket potatoes / soup/ salads / sandwiches etc... all of which are generously served with fresh salad,homemade coleslaw and hand cooked crisps... we make our own curry,chilli and lasagne and we cook our own hams and chicken fillets.. we also make our own tray bakes including mars bar,mint & orange aero,malteser,toffee popcorn,crunchy,rocky road and our own flapjacks.... our cakes include lemon/chocolate/carrot&walnut/victoria sandwich, we also do frangipan/homemade egg custard/apple pie/tea breads/lemon meringue etc.. we have a lovely choice..We only use the very best Ringtons tea and coffee which is Fairtrade and have a variety of soft drinks: we are also licensed to sell bottled beers/cans/wine/cider etc.. Our MilkShakes are made with real dairy ice cream - try our new Smores shake - Chocolate and toasted Marshmallow - delicious ...we are an independent coffee shop committed to providing quality food at a reasonable price whilst incorporating excellent customer service..we look forward to welcoming you to Treats Tea Shop... thank you
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Desperately wanted previous reviews to be wrong but sadly they are not. The change in ownership does seem to have changed things and not for the better. We went to the counter and despite there being several people behind the counter, no one seemed interested in serving us. When we were served there was no chat or friendly smile - and that is what has changed - the atmosphere!Food was average: my daughter enjoyed her panini but my scrambled egg on toast was sadly lacking in scrambled egg! probably just enough egg for one slice of toast not two! Cokes weren't cold ;some ice would have been nice. Sorry now no different to other cafes in Durham and particularly recommend it to others whereas in the past we have.

There are newer reviews for Treats Tea Room

Reviewed 25 July 2014

we went to Treats yesterday but did not know it had new owners, a lot more on the menu. My husband had the Steak Pie and chips and of course I had to nick a bit. It was delicious as was my Caesar Salad. We love this Restaurant and the quality and service has not gone down and at £10.30 for two really nice meals and two drinks this is great value for money. The food is served freshly cooked and salad made not like other Restaurants I have tried in Durham where food has been left on the hotplate for a couple of hours and looks very unappetising. Yes I will be back to treats as I find it a lovely place to eat and the staff are very friendly.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My first visit to this coffee shop with a friend who is a regular customer there. The food was delicious with extremely generous portions. Well presented and freshly prepared. Could not finish my bacon and brie Panini or the salad and crisps that came with it. Really delicious with good quality bacon and a generous helping of brie. The staff were extremely pleasant and friendly. Will certainly be visiting here again next time I am in Durham and want either just a coffee or a lunch.
Made use of the bathroom facilities which were well maintained - very clean.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I regularly visit treats many times a week, after today I shall not be visiting again. The new owners customer service is horrendous, when showing her the hairs that me and my sister found in our meals her reply was 'it's just one of those things' she then went on to say that we would get a full refund to then saying instead we would get 50% off our next food bill. The portions have gone down and the prices have gone up. The old owner Kieran had built a great reputation with service and food quality, it's just a shame that now it's going to be avoiding this place as it was my favourite.

1  Thank Itsthebaby
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

will not be going back stantards have slipped food not as good as before no customer service from owner always visted this coffee shop once a week but will not be going back

1  Thank agm6