“Never been disappointed”

Court Inn
Ranked #28 of 312 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$4 - US$26
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a Classic English Pub/restaurant in the Heart of Durham City, serving classic English food with a twist, using the finest locally sourced ingredients and first class service every time. We have a large selection of spirits and 8 hand pulls with local beer everyday
“Never been disappointed”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We often walk in Durham and around the river with our dogs and like to end up in this pub for either a quick drink or a nice relaxing meal.
We have never had a bad meal and the staff have always been helpful and friendly, even our little dogs were given treats while we waited for our meals.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Bit of a wait”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Visited here for lunch today. We were seated straight away but my husband had to ask for us to be served after waiting 17mins. The waitress apologised and said she thought the bar staff took our order? We opted for the 2 course each £9.95. I got the roasted pepper tomato soup which was lovely and thick. My husband got the black pudding wrapped in bacon with peppercorn sauce. I chose the beef dinner. Home made Yorkshire pudding, mashed potato boiled and roast potatoes what I think were frozen?. My husband got the turkey dinner what he said was ok. We had to share the vegetables of cauliflower cheese, carrots, peas, turnip, parsnips. But there was plenty on the plate for 2 people. The meal was just ok as I have had better. It's just a shame of waiting that long at the beginning as staff kept walking past us and did not ask if we had been served.

3 Thank Lovefoodcouple
Durham, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We visited for Mothers Day lunch. They were very busy but as always the food was excellent and the service was very good.
Cannot fault it!
If you haven't been before go for lunch you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank JulesC1970
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Good pub food - and some unusual dishes!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Just 3 min walk from the centre this is good place to avoid the crowds, though it is popular with the locals. We had lunch with two of our party having the mussels with leek and mustard sauce which they enjoyed. The traditional meat and potato dish ( a local name I can't remember) was a bit heavy though. For those who are interested in something different they also do zebra steaks and roasted squirrel!

Visited March 2014
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“dissappointed”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Went for lunch 23 march 2014 and what a dissappointment to the first time we went.
Food was edible but that was it my husband had the hot roast beef sandwich which was just sliced pre packed meat not the lovely chunks of meat he had the first time.
I had bacon and brie sandwich which was just a toastie that was very well done black on parts which I fed to my dog, last time I got this in a lovely fancy bread, side salad was limp.
Our daughter got the corned beef pie which was proberly the best meal only thing is we asked if it come with chips which we were advised it did, but they never mentioned it would be covered in beans and gravy just aswell she likes both, it would not have been to my taste so more info needs to go on their blackboard. Also the younger members of staff were lovely and friendly but when I first got served it was a older dark haired lady whose unfriendly miserable face was very off putting, you expect to be served by cheerful people its good for business. And my last point is don't use 'trevor@thecourtinn.co.uk' to ask anything as 5 days later I am still waiting for a reply.

• Visited March 2014