“down hill”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Durham, United Kingdom
“down hill”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We used to enjoy our weekly visits to the Duke. I now think the service and the food are nothing to boast about. Dont think ee will be going back in a hurry.

Reigate, United Kingdom
“Good Value for money”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stopped here for a meal recently and the portions served were very big! Food was delicious and good service. Would eat here again

• Visited May 2014
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Evening out with friends a d family”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had friends over from America and we went there with all the family. It was a Sunday evening some o f the meals I wanted were off the menu . Could only get the most expensive steak. The meal was cold and the steak was rather chewy. A member of staff asked if everything was ok of course I said no. They handled my complaint excellently. They cooked everything fresh and offered us garlic bread while we waited . Will visit again but just for a drink as it has a good atmosphere. This pub is extremely popular

• Visited February 2014
Durham, United Kingdom
“3 things guaranteed”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

1. They always have a good selection of real ales and you can try before you buy.

2. They have some really good offers on food, we had a three course special of battered mushrooms and paprika dip for starters, rumps steak and then creme brulee all for £10 which you cant really argue about, granted it is pub food but it is generally very good.

3. Have a plan B when selecting your order !. The third guarantee is that there are always things on the menu that they have run out of. I don't know if this is a problem with the supply of the food to the pub or the person who is responsible for ordering it but it is at times annoying

Overall its good pub food, with great real ale and the service is good. It can get very busy at times so book or take a chance.

3 Thank Brewman53
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“"Just for a change"”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Went for an early bite to eat with a mate, ordered our food and drink, didn't wait too long and our food arrived, pleasantly prepared with all the condiments were on the table, I had ordered Rump steak (M) however when it arrived it was well done, so I spoke to the staff and it was changed without a quibble, I was informed it may take a little time, and this was understandable, my friend had the Burger that also looked nice, all in all a nice place to eat at a good price, with friendly staff, I wouldn't hesitate to go again, when next in the area.... ;-)