“Awful”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
London
“Awful”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I went here the other night with a friend from the States and my in-laws from Venezuela and was highly embarrassed. The service was very slow (the place was empty) and the food was terrible. Many better places to eat in Durham so steer clear!

• Visited September 2012

Melton Mowbray, England, United Kingdom
“Painfully slow service!”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We came to Durham to stay for the Great North Run, so decided to try this place as we wanted to stock on on carbs for the run the next day. What a massive mistake, we got there and seated straight away which we thought was great, but then we waited for at least 30 mins to get served for drinks, she still managed to mess them up. Another 20 mins later she took our order for food, and then waited for at least another hour before the food came. To be fair, the food was good when it arrived, but still, that doesn't make up for the poor service. There was just one miserable lady doing everything like a deranged robot so I really think she should think about employing some more staff!
In a nutshell, I wouldn't go back to this place again, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone!!

• Visited September 2012
Cumbria
“Mixed opinion on this restaurant”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We tried Romeo which is in a lovely old building but lacks atmosphere. It was cheap £5.95 for one course £8.95 (I think for 3 courses). My starter - garlic mushrooms was fine, my husbands (prawn cocktail) was poor, I had pasta and he had pizza (both good), and we shared a pudding (average). We had an amazing bottle of wine for £15 which I suspect was really good quality and good value (montepocello or similar I think). I'm not sure I'd return here, but can see that for the price it is ok.

Visited August 2012
Sedgefield, United Kingdom
“Dreadfull”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

One of the worst meals I have had in a so called restaurant as a previous revuer stated the garlic mushroom starter was deplorable. The server has no personality whatsoever, This place should be closed down as it is conning tourists to Durham

• Visited July 2012
Durham, United Kingdom
“Spur of the moment lunch”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

The Italian downstairs was packed so decided to go upstairs. Garlic mushrooms were a couple of mushrooms sliced in a garlic water. We waited 15 minutes for this. Waited another twenty for the main course of chicken with pineapple. This this was in a thin cream sauce with pasta which was uninspiring. Atmosphere was quiet with only the sounds of peoples conversation to break to silence. Waitress was pleasant but lacked any form of personality. Now I know why they were spilling onto the pavement next door and upstairs was only 20% full.

• Visited June 2012