“Little Italy”

Add it.
Romeo
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 11 December 2012

A typical italian Bistro with excellent food and exceptional value. Nothing fancy just good Italian fayre.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Went in this evening, nobody else in the whole restaurant, when we walked in and asked for a table for two the lady looked like we were putting her out, should have listened to my head and walked out then but took a seat by the window anyway with a lovely spot for people watching. I ordered a tomato garlic bred which was small but tastes very nice, what you'd expect for a starter, my partners prawns however were slimy and flavourless and quite possibly undercooked ! It did come quickly with us being the only customers but we'd have happily waited longer for cooked prawns. We had the house wine which at £10.95 a Bottle was a bargain and well worth the price. The main course was ok, pizza was small and lacked flavour, the pasa again lacked flavour and looked like a microwave meal. We were offered a dessert but after looking at the very small menu and being informed there was no tiramisu and the coffee machine was off we decided against it. The waitress had no personality, barely spoke apart from nodding her head and there was no music or any background noise at all, it was like visiting a morgue. To top off the "perfect" evening, when it came to paying we were informed they don't accept card, it hadn't mentioned this anywhere prior ! Overall a disappointing dining experience and we won't be returning.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I went here the other night with a friend from the States and my in-laws from Venezuela and was highly embarrassed. The service was very slow (the place was empty) and the food was terrible. Many better places to eat in Durham so steer clear!

Reviewed 18 September 2012

We came to Durham to stay for the Great North Run, so decided to try this place as we wanted to stock on on carbs for the run the next day. What a massive mistake, we got there and seated straight away which we thought was great, but then we waited for at least 30 mins to get served for drinks, she still managed to mess them up. Another 20 mins later she took our order for food, and then waited for at least another hour before the food came. To be fair, the food was good when it arrived, but still, that doesn't make up for the poor service. There was just one miserable lady doing everything like a deranged robot so I really think she should think about employing some more staff!
In a nutshell, I wouldn't go back to this place again, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone!!

Reviewed 1 September 2012

We tried Romeo which is in a lovely old building but lacks atmosphere. It was cheap £5.95 for one course £8.95 (I think for 3 courses). My starter - garlic mushrooms was fine, my husbands (prawn cocktail) was poor, I had pasta and he had pizza (both good), and we shared a pudding (average). We had an amazing bottle of wine for £15 which I suspect was really good quality and good value (montepocello or similar I think). I'm not sure I'd return here, but can see that for the price it is ok.