“Fanatic”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Fanatic”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Food was delicious and can highly recommend the chicken momo, staff were very friendly and could not do enough to make our night special, we will be back! Especially for the new happy hour :)

Coxhoe
“Good food, spoiled by (some)staff and environment”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Having visited the majority of Indian restaurants in the North East and being some-what of an Asian food aficionado, I was very happy to hear that another establishment was to open just down the road from where I live.
Owing to work commitments it only became possible for me to visit several months after the initial opening, so I was very much looking forward to it when the time arrived.

Initial impressions were very positive. The restaurant is very well decorated in a modern yet understated style, very befitting of an Indian restaurant in the 21st century (No flock wallpaper in sight!) Sadly, the restaurant seemed very quiet, which for 7pm on a Friday seemed a little bit unfortunate and rather odd.

My father and I were led to a table by a pleasant young lady who took our drinks order. Now, this is the point at which our experience began to sour....It took 15mins for our drinks to arrive, during which time the young man behind the bar deemed it more appropriate to engage in small talk with another member of staff. Eventually the drinks arrived and we ordered our starters, mains and some pre-meal condiments including popadoms. The former failing to arrive. All of the staff members seemed to have abandoned the restaurant floor at this time, which didn't make things any easier when it came to inquiring about the missing popadoms.

Having waited 20 minutes, with no sign of life in the restaurant our starters arrived. I had ordered prawn puri but received the king prawn variant at an additional cost. Despite this, the food was very good.
Time progressed. Almost 60 minutes after having sat down, our mains showed up. Although mine was good, my fathers was cold and had to be returned to the kitchen. Another 15 minutes on and it comes back, returned by a young Indian chap who judging by his attitude, couldn't care less.
Once again, time progressed. Empty plates sat on our table for an additional 15 minutes before anyone bothered to collect them.
Fearful that any additional desert order may have resulted in my father and I falling asleep (it was almost nine thirty by this time), we decided to leave.

Summary - Good food, soured (greatly) by front of room staff who seem to share a "couldn't care less attitude", unacceptable waiting times and careless mistakes.
For good service and good food, I recommend Ministers in Sedgefield in favor of The Spice Tree Lounge.

• Visited March 2012
Doncaster
“Excellent food, pleasant setting”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We dropped in at 9 pm on Thursday evening to find that we were the only diners. I wanted to eat my son didn't, as he wasn't feeling on top form. The staff were only too happy to oblige. The restaurant was empty, so perhaps it may have been more of a problem if tables were at a premium.
The food was of goo quality, well presented, freshly cooked and delicious. I especially enjoyed one item on the pickle tray with the popadoms - tomatoes and onions in some kind of sweet, tangy sauce (chef's secret recipe).
Being the only diners, I feel that it would be unfair to comment on atmosphere.
Overall, a good dining experience.

• Visited March 2012
north east england
“Will keep going back”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Had another great meal starting with Boti Kebab then a Sri Lanka the taste was out of this world..hubby had the Chingri Mirch.a pepper stuffed with tasty rice and prawns and cooked to perfection as his starter....we had 2 rice and 2 nans between 4 of us but no sides this time as the portions are very generous.
The staff are still friendly and helpful

• Visited February 2012
co durham
“Very nice”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Called early one night and nearly drove off as their was no one in,glad we didn't,my wife had a creamy lamb dish which was beautiful and i had tandoori mixed grill which was cooked well and tasted lovely the sides and rice were very nice,service was good and we will definitely be going back