“Great cafe”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Great cafe”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

When u open the door the staff greet you with a friendly smile, a bit of banter and a warm welcome . The coffees are great and the food second to none. I won't eat anywhere else in Durham. This is excellent

• Visited May 2014

Ferryhill
“Excellent”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Eaten here two weeks on the trot when been in Durham with my mam. The homemade quiche is to die for!!!!! Only down side is that there was none for me to take home!!!
Superb staff, made to feel welcome and wanted, unlike some of their neighbours!
We'll be back!!!!

Visited June 2014
“Disgusting”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Whilst eating my average dinner of leek and potato soup at this cafe/restaurant I over heard staff members having an inappropriate conversation about certain customers who had obviously been in the shop beforehand using words that should not have been used in earshot of other customers. This makes me think that they do this about every customer, therefore I will not be coming back because I did not feel comfortable

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank RebzJ
“Favourite Haunt”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

One of my favourites in Durham whether it's breakfast, lunch or simply coffee n cake. Alway excellent.

• Visited May 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Afternoon Tea And Cakes”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My friend and I found Cottons while holidaying in Hartlepool and going into Durham for the day.
The first thing I noticed was the friendly atmosphere between staff not just customers they really
enjoyed what they were doing.
We ordered cakes then we saw the most amazing fruit scones they were so big ! so we had one of those as well.
Another amazing thing was a member of staff refilled my teapot FREE and in this day and age that in itself is very good.
My friend and I were very full by the time we had finished but liked the look of some other cakes as we were leaving the area the next day I asked a nice gentleman as I was paying if we could have two pieces of cake to take away, of coarse we could my friend chose hers and I had the best piece of fruit cake ive ever eaten it was so moist.

my advice to anybody who enjoys homemade food and cakes is try Cottons for a very pleasant experience. If I am ever up north again I will be back for more.

Visited April 2014