“Good service excellent value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 305 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sambuca Durham is a vibrant and welcoming Italian Restaurant where friends and family can gathered together in a relax atmosphere. Unbeatable both value and food quality delivered by a very committed, competent and friendly staff.
Durham, United Kingdom
“Good service excellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

lovely food excellent atmosphere and great customer service from the staff.... recommended... will visit again and again!!!!

• Visited February 2014

“very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

the food at sambuca is excellent the service is spot on you do not have to wait long between courses but you are not rushed either normaly you do not need to book you can get a table anytime on most days sunday lunch time is very busy the food is good and value for money

• Visited April 2014
“Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

At Durham for weekend and had our 2 year old granddaughter with us! Have been several times - good value for money and tasty food. Good to see a busy place!

Chester-le-Street, United Kingdom
“Cheap and cheerful”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Went straight from work on Friday on a friends recommendation as it was cheap and cheerful. Was shown to a table straight away, even though we were a little early.
We were sat near the kitchen so had all of the kitchen staff staring throughout our dinner, rather uncomfortable! Cannot fault the speed of the service as it seemed that it was of the essence, in, fed and out ASAP.

We had a multitude of waiters see to us, one for drinks, one for order taking, one for serving, one for taking away dirty plates, one for dessert requests and one for the bill, one of my pet hates. Who on earth would you be leaving the tip for?

One thing that did recommend them was that I started to choke during the main course and immediately had 2 waiters rush to my aid, requesting if I needed water, unfortunately I was in no state to respond but merely waved them away while I tried to catch my breath...very thoughtful.

One of my fellow diners enjoyed her meal as she had been there previously and knew what to order, my other fellow diner had not and seemed not to enjoy her Cannelloni very much at all, even leaving some. My dinner was pleasant, although nothing to write home about, but because it was so cheap I would give it good marks.

I had been pre-warned about the next issue: The Bill arrived and had 2 puddings on which we had not ordered nor eaten, once pointed out it was removed straight away, it would appear that this is a common occurrence in this place of business!

Would I return, yes I probably would, it is what it is, cheap and cheerful.

• Visited April 2014
“Won't be back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Went on a Saturday afternoon. Waitress behind bar was very impatient - even though there was no-one else waiting. Another waiter was rude as we were 'in his way' - there wasn't enough seating whilst we waited for our table. Food was fine and arrived quickly, however the earlier rudeness detracted from this and also there were lots and lots of kids running wild and it was too noisy!

• Visited March 2014