“Marjorie's visits to Sambuca”
Review of Sambuca

Sambuca
Ranked #48 of 312 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sambuca Durham is a vibrant and welcoming Italian Restaurant where friends and family can gathered together in a relax atmosphere. Unbeatable both value and food quality delivered by a very committed, competent and friendly staff.
Durham, United Kingdom
“Marjorie's visits to Sambuca”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have only been three times at lunch time and have been amazed that for so little money a lovely 3 course meal is served.As can be expected it is very popular and service can be quite slow but they ensure you get a drink served quicklyJust what is needed in this busy city..

1 Thank MarjOrie2013_13

west yorkshire
“Good Value”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We ate here Easter Sunday with some friends of ours. The food, wine and service were ok and we had no complaints.
I would recommend Sambuca if you are looking for somewhere cheap, cheerful and good value for money.

“Appalling”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Me and two of my young friends went for a meal here just the other day and the waiting was appalling. I don't know if they were being discriminative as we were all teenagers and they must have just assumed we weren't as valuable as their other customers. We had to wait 45 minutes just for our starter to come. On arrival they were rude and 'jokey' towards us. When I asked for Parmesan cheese on my spaghetti the waiter accidentally tipped the bowl onto my lap and didn't apologies. When we asked where our food was another waiter just shrugged and said 'i dunno'. Although the price for the food is good and the food is average, me and all my friends are totally put off going back there again. And I'm encouraging you reading this not to go their either.

2 Thank Hannah_sturdy
“family birthday celebration”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Italian restaurant not 5 minutes from the heart of durham city, has to be the best I have visited, an excellent selection menu for Italian or English cuisine, the fresh ambience, the friendly waiter service and relaxing atmosphere all add to this experience not to be missed and what really sells it for my personal choice is the fact you can actually see the food being cooked and prepared so no worries that what you are eating is nothing but fresh, definitely, definitely will be returning on many occasions.

Durham, United Kingdom
“Good service excellent value”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

lovely food excellent atmosphere and great customer service from the staff.... recommended... will visit again and again!!!!

• Visited February 2014