“birdsong production”

Gala Theatre Durham
Ranked #13 of 58 things to do in Durham
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Excellent, lovely building. Staff lovely, ladies toilets too small! Didn't have a cloakroom which was a shame as I had my good coat with me and nowhere to put it. So in the end I had to put it on the floor which I wasn't happy about. Drinks quite expensive.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

This is a great, medium sized venue. Our most recent visit was for Punt and Dennis, but we've seen many other excellent comedy acts here, I've also seen theatre and children's productions. Not only in the main auditorium. All excellent. I've even done a sale event here and it was well organised.

The people of Durham are indeed very fortunate to have this facility. I've not yet been to the cinema - possibly its rubbish and then at least I'd have something to complain about because
the rest is so splendid. It is a an excellent versatile venue.

To reference the main auditorium, as others have said, it is clean, comfortably heated and enough leg room for someone with long legs. Throughout the venue the staff are lovely. Wherever you are, order drinks for the interval as the bars are only small. If you're local, get a friends card and then you get a discount.,

A better venue than rivals in Newcastle. If you're coming by car - 4th level on the car park is a short lift ride up - and likely has more spaces. Its a pity the car park doesn't offer pre-pay; evenings its going to be a set charge so why not ease congestion and avoid queues by allowing it?

An excellent venue.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

The people of Durham are very fortunate to have this building. We have not been to a theatre production here, but we have been to the cinema twice and it is a delightful auditorium, clean, warm and comfortable.
The staff clearly love theatre and film, such is their enthusiasm for the job and their high standard of customer service.
We haven't tried the restaurant, but it looks very nice.
And the prices are very reasonable: cinema tickets down south are at least £1, often £1.50 more expensive.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

The theatre is very nice and everyone has a good view as there are no pillars/posts in the way.....Easy to park at the Sands car park...up the many steps and your there.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We love coming to Durham to see their Panto.
Last year we just popped in and got tickets but this year it was a must return so tickets pre-booked during the year.
Anotherexcellent performance once again you just cant stop laughing.