“Great meal”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a nice meal with my wife on Good Friday night. The food and service was first class, the dining area clean and roomy.
An establishment on my must return list.

There are newer reviews for Zafflong

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Zafflong is actually our local Indian restaurant and, I'm ashamed to say, in 23 years of living nearby we have eaten here maybe 6 times.... not enough!

We booked for 4 at 7pm on saturday and were the only customers for the first half hour. By 9ish it was busy but by no means crowded. The clientle was totally mixed- a guy on his own, two couples and two groups like ours. This rather low turnout is unjust because the quality of the food is amazing.

It may be unfair but I always judge an Indian restaurant by the quality of the Onion Bhaji... and these were impossible to criticise. Large and round they were exactly the right amount of crunchie on the outside and soft in the centre.

All four of us had different mains - mine was new to me- Shatkora Murgh. Tomatoes, garlic and shatkora fruit. Turns out to be very like a lime- I discovered this when I bit through a piece! It was a lovely meal though. We all had starters, mains, two lots of rice, two nans, and two side dishes. With drinks for 4 as well the entire bill was £68 which included 10% off for having a loyalty card. Tremendous value.

With this quality of food, the card will get a bit more use from now guys!

Why not 5 stars? Well, the only downer was that one member of staff was not too friendly in approach. We were served by three different staff and I'm not going to ID who it was but it rather takes the shine off the meal if the person serving you cannot raise a smile or make eye contact. The other two were great.

If you are looking for a great Indian meal out with friends or a loved one- go to Zafflong, it should be an awful lot more famous!

Reviewed 20 February 2013

didnt sit in this time but got takeaway. they have 2 specials on at minute. the one we took was £19.95 and it fed five of us. Three starters and three maincourses with nans, rice, popadams,salad etc. Great food at great value.

Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

Great food, excellent value. Really authentic food. The onion bhaji were so fresh and the Dansak was lovely and hot without being too hot. We had the Sunday special package, it was great value. I live locally and would defiantly visit again. First class in every way.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

Group of friends and I went for a Curry on Friday night, only living up the road Zafflong is in ideal location. The curry as ever was superb and the waiters very friendly and the service was very quick, It seems a shame that it isnt more busy as it is really a brilliant little Indian in Durham City!

Until the next time...