“Book a table if you want to eat here as it gets busy”
Review of Tango K-G-B

Tango K-G-B
Ranked #53 of 331 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Brazilian, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Tango Durham, you will experience the ultimate in comfort food with a modern twist. Located in one of Durhams most iconic buildings constructed in 1771 as the bridge house for the city’s famous world heritage site 'Old Elvet Bridge, we serve all your favourites from mouth-watering twists on the classic burger to healthy cuisine inspired by the Middle East with fresh in house made calorific desserts to top it all off. All truly locally sourced and produced fresh in house by the Tango team. If you are looking for a drink in a relaxed atmosphere, then we are the place, with fresh cocktails made in front of you at the bar by our team of trained mixologist’s to coffee’s brewed by our trained baristas. We also offer a small but unique selection of carefully selected beers and spirits selected from our travels around the globe. Locally owned & operated by true foodies.
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Fantastic vegan burger with bbq jackfruit. Absolutely delicious. My husband had the Honcho burger and said that my food looked better...it tasted great. Very busy place but a lovely buzz and fab location.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

After a walk around Durham in the sunshine we decided to call in for a drink and a quick bite to eat. Was nice and cool inside with the doors all open, you where inside but felt like you where outside, service was really good helpful and friendly the burgers where amazing would definitely recommend the pork with a side of pork it was delicious.
We will definitely be back to try some more burgers and cocktails.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

I would certainly recommend this restaurant for anybody who likes a nice gourmet burger. The portions are plentiful and the burgers come with a great selection of sides, and the burgers themselves are also of good size, tasty and well presented.

The staff were nice too, however, whilst the ambience in the restaurant is nice, the seating can be a little low for the tables situated near the window and the restaurant can be dark and dingy.

I personally prefer Fat Hippo for the ambience of the restaurant but this restaurant is definitely recommended.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

All in all the restaurant has a lovely ambience and the menu is what you would expect from a K-G-B. Nonetheless, whilst perusing the menu, I asked the server to describe the niveau of spice in what I believe to have been called "The Gaucho". He replied nonchalantly "not too spicy". I proceeded to take his word and order The Gaucho, requesting it be kept on the milder side. Sadly this was not the case- my poor date had to sit through my excessive perspiration and crying (at least she enjoyed her non-spicy burger). By the end of the evening, I had vomited several times and felt very ill for the next two days.
The spicy burger is not for the feignt hearted (expect an elevated heart-rate).

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Our first visit to Tango after being recommended it for years by friends... Gabbie our waitress was so warm and welcoming and the food was just as good! My partner said it was the ‘best burger he’d had in quite a while’ - I turned mine into a ‘cheesebomb’ (literally just drenched in melted cheese sauce) for an extra £1 it was BEAUTIFUL!! Diet starts Monday.........

Been to Tango K-G-B? Share your experiences!