“Burgers to die for”

Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Brazilian, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Tango Durham, you will experience the ultimate in comfort food with a modern twist. Located in one of Durhams most iconic buildings constructed in 1771 as the bridge house for the city’s famous world heritage site 'Old Elvet Bridge, we serve all your favourites from mouth-watering twists on the classic burger to healthy cuisine inspired by the Middle East with fresh in house made calorific desserts to top it all off. All truly locally sourced and produced fresh in house by the Tango team. If you are looking for a drink in a relaxed atmosphere, then we are the place, with fresh cocktails made in front of you at the bar by our team of trained mixologist’s to coffee’s brewed by our trained baristas. We also offer a small but unique selection of carefully selected beers and spirits selected from our travels around the globe. Locally owned & operated by true foodies.
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

First visit here on a late Saturday afternoon. We booked in advance as sometime last year we tried to walk in but we could be catered for so went to Fat Hippo.

Good choice on menu with vegetarian/vegan/gluten free options and prices reasonable for area. No draught lager on at that time so had to settle for a bottle of lager. Food arrived for all 7 of us after about 30 minutes.

I opted for the Gaucho burger and replaced the beef with fried chicken and vegan cheese. Other reviews have said that this burger is too spicy however, the only spice came from the jalapeños so definitely not too spicy for my taste buds! Waitress came back and double checked that I didn’t have any tolerances to dairy and reminded me that the burger had sour cream.l which I thought was good of them to double check (even though my tolerance is only to cheese).

Burger was delicious but I wasn’t keen on the fries. They were a bit soggy rather than crispy. My friend’s rustic fries were much nicer. Everyone in the party enjoyed the food and said they’d definitely be back again.

Much better than Fat Hippo!

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Waited 30 mins before anyone took our order then 45 mins for food at which only one of the meals was served (confusion with the kitchen as a starter was ordered as main) at this point we then had to ask for cutlery. After the meal we asked for the bill 3 times and when it came it had additional items that we hadn't ordered. When we asked for a discount due to the poor experience management rolled their eye's despite our polite request. Such a shame as the food was really nice.. bar tender very friendly but will look elsewhere next time

1  Thank tbjp1131
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

The menu choice in Tango is superb. There are fee places that offer a lobster roll which is what caught out eye. It was really tasty as were the epic choices of fries available. I had the peppercorn sauce fries which made my hangover belly very happy.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

This is basically a no frills burger and casual food establishment but I commend it very highly for its excellent veggie/vegan burgers. Service is good and friendly and the restaurant has some outside tables on Elvet Bridge which are super for a meal or drink outside in warm weather. Very reliable place and I would return.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

I had the black and blue burger which was great, really tasty burger that didn’t fall apart due to it being loaded with toppings. The cheese sauce which you can get for £1 extra was amazing and I thoroughly recommend getting this to pour over all your food as it’s that good.

Been to Tango K-G-B? Share your experiences!