“Love this place”

Dining options: Breakfast
Durham, United Kingdom
“Love this place”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

As a family of four that consists of 2 vegans and 2 vegetarians it is very difficult to find a place where we can all have a good meal. We've been to the Jumping Bean quite a few times and I can say without hesitation that we love it. The staff are friendly and the food is always delicious. The place is a little small and quirky but that doesn't bother us, we prefer it over the busy overcrowded places like Yates' and Wetherspoons. Everytime we go to Durham my sister is eager to go to the Jumping Bean and we love that there are no fears of having a slice of bacon or a lump of stray chicken turn up in our food (which has happened before). The best part of the Jumping Bean is the bread and the cakes, especially the chocolate cake. Its not sickly or heavy and is a perfect way to finish off a meal. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who wants a lovely, good value for money meal in a place that makes you feel more than welcome.

• Visited June 2014

“A hidden gem”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We came across this cafe by accident. It is a veggie ( which we aren't ) but the soup and toasties are very very tasty and really well priced. 75yds from the river in Neville Street. If you are near the square and not sure where to eat give these young lads a chance to impress you..... they did me.

Battle, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Have popped in here regularly and love the special hot chocolate served in a big sauce pan with a waffle. Very good value, lovely atmosphere, great quality of food and really friendly service. I am vegetarian so love popping in for some lunch, where there are plenty of veggie options (makes a change from many places) and my non-veggie boyfriend loves it equally as much!
Am looking forward to my next visit already!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank ClaireM1234
“Felt like at student again.”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

On a short trip to Durham, saw the sign at the bottom of the hill for this place and decided to try it, although I am not a vegetarian I like all food. What a delight, very laid back atmosphere, with a mixture of locals and students. I opted for the flat white coffee which was delicious and then leek and potato soup and a mixed bean, guacamole, rocket and jalapeno sandwich, the bread was to die for and the soup tasted very homemade and flavoursome. The two lads in the kitchen were very chatty but efficient at the same time, and obviously knew most of their customers. This place is a bit off the beaten track, but I was on the look out for somewhere and saw the sign so hopefully others do. I would definitely go back and would recommend you try it.

• Visited May 2014
“Lovely veggie breakfast”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Came along for breakfast with a vegetarian, often find that veggie restaurants have lots of 'weird' ingredients on the menu but there were plenty of options for anyone unadventurous! Small cafe, only seemed to be one person and thought he could have maybe done with someone else helping out when a few other customers came in but he kept on top of it. Great breakfast, would definitely go again even as a non-veggie!

• Visited May 2014