“Friendly staff and delicious food!”
Review of Jumping Bean Cafe

Jumping Bean Cafe
Ranked #49 of 317 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My girlfriend and I stopped by the Jumping Bean Cafe during a day visit to Durham. It was a rainy and bleak day, but the Jumping Bean Cafe was warm, inviting and was arguably one of the highlights of our visit.

The chap behind the counter was very friendly and seemed genuinely enthusiastic about the food he was serving and the business as a whole.The cafe is nicely decorated, and has a cool but unpretentious feel. The soup and sandwich deal is very reasonable, £5 for a large sandwich and a decent sized bowl of soup.

I'd recommend this cafe to people looking for a tasty lunch whilst waiting for a train (it's just 5 mins walk from Durham station) and, of course, also to vegans, vegetarians and those looking for quality gluten free options.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Having just moved to Durham and not being connected to wifi yet, I popped into the city to find somewhere to have a coffee and do some work. Came across this little gem of a place. Great coffee, great staff and the food looked delicious. Will certainly be coming back for some grub.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Being a big meat eater this is probably the last place on earth I expected to find myself while on a weekday visit to Durham county but having tried vegetarian food many times I was more than happy with this delightful cafe with its friendly staff and great food and couldnt resist their yummy carrot cake to top it off. Well Worth a visit even for the biggest meat eaters.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

As a family of four that consists of 2 vegans and 2 vegetarians it is very difficult to find a place where we can all have a good meal. We've been to the Jumping Bean quite a few times and I can say without hesitation that we love it. The staff are friendly and the food is always delicious. The place is a little small and quirky but that doesn't bother us, we prefer it over the busy overcrowded places like Yates' and Wetherspoons. Everytime we go to Durham my sister is eager to go to the Jumping Bean and we love that there are no fears of having a slice of bacon or a lump of stray chicken turn up in our food (which has happened before). The best part of the Jumping Bean is the bread and the cakes, especially the chocolate cake. Its not sickly or heavy and is a perfect way to finish off a meal. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who wants a lovely, good value for money meal in a place that makes you feel more than welcome.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We came across this cafe by accident. It is a veggie ( which we aren't ) but the soup and toasties are very very tasty and really well priced. 75yds from the river in Neville Street. If you are near the square and not sure where to eat give these young lads a chance to impress you..... they did me.