“Peterlee parachute centre highly recommended”

Peterlee Parachute Centre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Skydive Academy run Parachuting & Skydiving Courses and provide continuation training at Peterlee Parachute Centre. Activities include both Solo Parachuting & Tandem Skydiving with further progression possible via both the Category and Accelerated Free Fall Systems. The Peterlee Drop Zone (DZ) was Established in 1987 and whilst it can operate 7 days a week our regular hours tend to be weather permitting 5 days a week during British Summer Time (Wed thro Sun) and 3 days a week Fri thro Sun during Nov, Feb & Mar. We operate a 16 place Cessna 208B Grand Caravan and a 4 place Cessna 182 Skylane parachute aircraft, have indoor training facilities, large Car Park, Spectator Area, Aero Sports Club Canteen & Bar, Bunkhouse, Showers & Toilets including disabled and baby change, Reception with Hot Drinks & Confectionary Vending Machines.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Had a fantastic day today doing a tandem skydive for charity. It was a great experience. Very well organised, professional staff, would definitely recommend the centre. Excellent instructor Mark, explained everything really clearly, ensured I felt comfortable and had a great experience.

All reviews
"great instructor"
"weather conditions"
"well worth the money"

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I've just done my first ever tandem skydive at Peterlee and would recommend the experience to everybody. The staff were fantastic and the skydive was probably the best thing I've ever done. I felt like I was in good hands the whole time even though I was terrified before I went! If you're thinking about doing a jump...just do it, you won't regret it. I'm already thinking about going back to do another.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I done my first tandem jump at peterlee parachute centre the training was very clear and the day ran smoothly. My instructor was brilliant he made me feel confident and reassured me about everything throughout the whole experience. I purchased the video which I am still waiting for as it takes two weeks to come but the camera man was also brilliant and I received 200 still photos on a disk straight after the jump. They made my first jump memorable and I will defiantly be doing more jumps with them as the whole experience was amazing!!!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Done my first tandem jump in april and I loved every single bit! From the training to landing it wos fantastic, the instructors were fab! I mean telling me my harness was "the wrong one" and "proberly wouldn't work properly" really put me at ease! Haha. I can't wait to jump again! :+) thanks guys! X

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 May 2014

After 2 cancellations due the great British weather I finally got to carry out my skydive on 11th May. This has to be one of the best things I have possibly ever experienced and the staff were very friendly and reassuring all the way. My instructor Dave Taylor was outstanding and made the experience all the more impressive. If you have ever thought about a skydive please get it booked up! Trust me you will not regret it.