“Greatest day ever!”

Peterlee Parachute Centre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Skydive Academy run Parachuting & Skydiving Courses and provide continuation training at Peterlee Parachute Centre. Activities include both Solo Parachuting & Tandem Skydiving with further progression possible via both the Category and Accelerated Free Fall Systems. The Peterlee Drop Zone (DZ) was Established in 1987 and whilst it can operate 7 days a week our regular hours tend to be weather permitting 5 days a week during British Summer Time (Wed thro Sun) and 3 days a week Fri thro Sun during Nov, Feb & Mar. We operate a 16 place Cessna 208B Grand Caravan and a 4 place Cessna 182 Skylane parachute aircraft, have indoor training facilities, large Car Park, Spectator Area, Aero Sports Club Canteen & Bar, Bunkhouse, Showers & Toilets including disabled and baby change, Reception with Hot Drinks & Confectionary Vending Machines.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Life changing experience! Staff were all awesome! Top camera work off simon and a huge thanks to Ian and all the staff! Truly unreal experience!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"cameraman"
in 45 reviews

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Would defo return and do this again!! Was the experience of a lifetime. One off the bucket list and excellent instructors. I felt safe throughout...even at 13000 feet.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Had a fantastic day today doing a tandem skydive for charity. It was a great experience. Very well organised, professional staff, would definitely recommend the centre. Excellent instructor Mark, explained everything really clearly, ensured I felt comfortable and had a great experience.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I've just done my first ever tandem skydive at Peterlee and would recommend the experience to everybody. The staff were fantastic and the skydive was probably the best thing I've ever done. I felt like I was in good hands the whole time even though I was terrified before I went! If you're thinking about doing a jump...just do it, you won't regret it. I'm already thinking about going back to do another.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I done my first tandem jump at peterlee parachute centre the training was very clear and the day ran smoothly. My instructor was brilliant he made me feel confident and reassured me about everything throughout the whole experience. I purchased the video which I am still waiting for as it takes two weeks to come but the camera man was also brilliant and I received 200 still photos on a disk straight after the jump. They made my first jump memorable and I will defiantly be doing more jumps with them as the whole experience was amazing!!!