“The most incredible experience ever !”

Peterlee Parachute Centre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Skydive Academy run Parachuting & Skydiving Courses and provide continuation training at Peterlee Parachute Centre. Activities include both Solo Parachuting & Tandem Skydiving with further progression possible via both the Category and Accelerated Free Fall Systems. The Peterlee Drop Zone (DZ) was Established in 1987 and whilst it can operate 7 days a week our regular hours tend to be weather permitting 5 days a week during British Summer Time (Wed thro Sun) and 3 days a week Fri thro Sun during Nov, Feb & Mar. We operate a 16 place Cessna 208B Grand Caravan and a 4 place Cessna 182 Skylane parachute aircraft, have indoor training facilities, large Car Park, Spectator Area, Aero Sports Club Canteen & Bar, Bunkhouse, Showers & Toilets including disabled and baby change, Reception with Hot Drinks & Confectionary Vending Machines.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Thank you so much to Peterlee Parachute centre, Mark Wilcox and Malcolm Smith for making my 21st Birthday the best experience of my life.
I would highly reccomend anyone who is considering skydiving to go to the centre, the whole team were amazing. Thank You !

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Today me and my boyfriend did our first tandem skydive at Peterlee Skydive Academy. It was the craziest and best thing either of us have done and we loved it! Big thank you to our trainers, instructors and cameramen especially Mark, Dave, Alan and Steve! Very well trained and helped to put us at ease!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Me and my cousin Josh did a tandem jump today to raise money for St.Benedicts Hospice who looked after our grandmother a few year ago. What an amazing experience from start to finish and would def recommend it. Thank you to all the staff at the centre!!!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

A second booking later with Peterlee Parachute Centre for my Tandem Skydive was just AMAZEBALLS!!!!!! They were only too happy to make sure myself and three fellow skydivers jumped on the same day. THANK YOU SO MUCH for the PLAN, it worked.
Of course i was excited and jumping with adrenaline before the jump but when you actually start that climb in the plane reality kicks in and feeling anxious kicks in. As we shuffle to the edge of the plane (after many laughs and jokes) it was F F F but before you know it you're free-falling! Oops my glasses slip back above the lovely helmet but quickly recovered and the amazement you feel is so UN-REAL! We then open the shoot and MAD MICK starts playing around! At first I wasn't keen but when my cousin shows up beside us and i saw how cool a ride she was having i said let's do that. Landing was perfect...very soft. I still can't believe i have actually done it and A VERY BIG YES i would do it again with PETERLEE PARACHUTE CENTRE. A VERY BIG THANK YOU to you all.

1  Thank janicencle
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Just did my first ever tandem skydive today at Peterlee and my, what an experience. I absolutely loved it. The staff are brilliant, well trained, friendly and really put you at ease. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Big thanks to my tandem partner Dave for help making it an unforgettable experience