“Tandom skydive 20th of July”

Peterlee Parachute Centre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Skydive Academy run Parachuting & Skydiving Courses and provide continuation training at Peterlee Parachute Centre. Activities include both Solo Parachuting & Tandem Skydiving with further progression possible via both the Category and Accelerated Free Fall Systems. The Peterlee Drop Zone (DZ) was Established in 1987 and whilst it can operate 7 days a week our regular hours tend to be weather permitting 5 days a week during British Summer Time (Wed thro Sun) and 3 days a week Fri thro Sun during Nov, Feb & Mar. We operate a 16 place Cessna 208B Grand Caravan and a 4 place Cessna 182 Skylane parachute aircraft, have indoor training facilities, large Car Park, Spectator Area, Aero Sports Club Canteen & Bar, Bunkhouse, Showers & Toilets including disabled and baby change, Reception with Hot Drinks & Confectionary Vending Machines.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Did my skydive yesterday what a buzz I got 12,500ft up and sitting on the edge of the plane with my instructor ready to jump was scary stuff but once we let go and went OMG WOW, words carnt say what a was feeling defo doing it again like all the staff were great and made the day special and huge thanks to my Instructor Mark Willcox what a guy.... :)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just completed my first tandem skydive at this centre. Was the most amazing experience of my life. I was a little worried at first about plummeting to my death but the skydive instructors are all really nice and help you feel excited and at ease with the whole experience. The facilities have everything you need but make sure you plan to be there the whole day. The food was reasonably priced and we had no problems at all with feeling comfortable within the area. I opted for the video which I was allocated Simon for the job. He was fantastic and the photographs I have received are amazing. My tandem instructor dave was fab. He knew what he was doing and also made me feel comfortable straight away with light hearted jokes. He was passionate about his job which made the whole experience loads better. I hope I get the opportunity to do this again. Amazing feeling. Not as scary as I thought it would be. Choose this place as it's fab!

Regards
Joanne clarke

1  Thank Joklarke
Reviewed 18 July 2014

as a ex member of the parachute regiment serving in Macedonia. sierra lone and Iraq and Afghanistan I really enjoyed it was as good as training at raf brize thanks lads

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Excellent day out, amazing thing to achieve, everything about it was fantastic, the staff was great, warm welcoming everyone was friendly,
My instructor dave was fantastic, he had an amazing attitude, great dude.
Definatly was a great experience, definatly going to go back

Reviewed 7 July 2014

What a day, what a buzz. An experience everybody has to have!!
Fantastic instructors, very friendly and professional approach to safety and training.
My tandem jump instructor was Martin, great bloke. He talked through everything as it happened on the way up (very confidence inspiring) and great chat on the way down. Get there as early as you can! First come first served.
IT HAS TO BE DONE!!!