“Very nice food”

Lotus Lounge Durham
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My partner and I went to the Lotus Lounge on Friday afternoon (30th May) Weare not from Durham and had never seen or heard of this restaurant. We were seated by a very nice efficient lady who seemed to be in charge, She recomended the mixed Thia tapas with a side dish of wonderful tasty rice, it was the perfect light lunch. The food and atmosphere along with very efficient service means that we will certainly be back.
A slight critisism is that there was no menue at the entrance or in the window and it was only the name of the place that indicated the type of food available.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My friends and I went to this restaurant in April for my birthday as I had been in before for cocktails and the food looked good. Unfortunately it did not taste good. Bland bland bland. The Thai green curry tasted worse than a Sainsburys microwave meal.
I won't be rushing back, especially at the prices they charge for bland food!

2  Thank Dee K
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We thought we'd give this restaurant a try, Asian tapas fitted the bill nicely as we were hungry but not starving. Basically 3 tapas for £10, so we ordered a plate of 6, preceded by a cocktail (pricey but nice as a treat) and a bottle of white to go with the meal. Finished off with some (non-asian!!) cheese and biscuits - the cheeses were fab.

A bit more "zing" in the tapas would have been nice, but all in all we thought tasty food and nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Been with Friends in Durham for a night out with overnight stay. We didnt know where to go so we looked on trip advisor for excellent feedback. Lotus lounge cought our eye. We rang to book a table. Felt very lucky only 1 table was left at 7.45pm.
Getting ready for 7.45pm all looming forward for a nice meal. We wete wondering the amount of empty tables. Not thst busy than said by phone.
I had a green Thai Curry with Prawns. It was delicious. My ftiends loved and enjoyed their meals. Highly tecommend the food.
Booking system bit strange. Would of gone to diffetent time than giving

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Couldn't fault it again. Food was exceptional. Starters of soup and beef skewers. Amazing. Mains of Thai green curry and pork belly. Again, amazing. Deserts cheese board and lemongrass and line creme brûlée. The latter the most original, creative and tasty fusion food going! We rave about this place because it is so much better than the well-known other Asian option in Durham. It is soooo much better, tastier, cheaper, and generally nicer atmosphere. The service was exceptional too. It was unobtrusive but we wanted to pay quickly after a leisurely meal to get somewhere and it was sorted in seconds. Will be back sooner than planned!!