“Unbelievably Awesome!!”

The Honest Lawyer Hotel
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We went for a meal with friends, as soon as we walked in we were immediately greeted by a very cheerful waitress. We were treated like VIPs from that very moment. We were shown into the restaurant where the service was excellent. I had the steak burger which was perfectly cooked and i would recommend it to everybody. we greatly enjoyed our time here and would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
HonestLawyerHotel, General Manager at The Honest Lawyer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2011

Dear EatMyRawrr

First of all I would like to thankyou for you kinds words regarding your recent visit to our hotel, It is a pleasure to see that you were well looked after during your visit and you throughly enjoyed the food that you had, I will pass your kind words down to my team. We will look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for The Honest Lawyer Hotel

Reviewed 3 June 2011

We stayed at the Honest Lawyer on the 20th May 2011. From first contact to ending our stay, Julie, Chris and the rest of the Guys made us feel welcome and very special. The level of service, attention to detail and care was excellent. We felt like Kate and Wills. The room was in a boutique style, with airy and light accents throughout. Bathroom and shower were very clean and bright. With easy links to Durham, and room information to help with days out. The Honest Lawyer delivers, for a family break, business meeting or a romantic night away. We cant thank you Guys enough, thank you so much.

Best regards,

Barry Sanderson

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
HonestLawyerHotel, General Manager at The Honest Lawyer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2011

Dear barry1974

I'm so pleased to read all your kind words regarding your visit with ourselves in May. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your anniversary with ourselves and throughly enjoyed the suite. I'm delighted to see that the service you received exceeded your expectations. All your kind words will be passed down to all departments. We will certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Chris Bowron
Best Western Honest Lawyer Hotel.

Reviewed 2 June 2011

We were staying with disabled parents, their room was everything they could wish for with first class facilities, ours was again first class. From booking to leaving we felt we were special to the hotel, all staff were smiling and helpful, food was excellent and "special requests" were catered for without a problem.
We could not fault with anything or anyone, reception, waitresses, kitchen, housekeeping, everyone went out of their way to make this one of the most pleasant hotel experiences we have ever had.
Thank you.
We will be back.

Room Tip: When booking just ask and they will try to oblige
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mcasson1945

Dear mcasson1945

First of all I would like to thank you for leaving all your wonderful comments in your review regarding your recent stay with ourselves. It is certainly a pleasure to see that from the moment you arrived at our hotel, all the food you received was to a high standard, also the service from all departments certainly exceeded your expectations. All your kind words will be passed down to all departments which are a constant reminder to us all that we are exceeding our guests expectations. We will certainly look forward to your next visit in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 June 2011

We stayed on a Bank Hol weekend and couldn't fault a thing! Super friendly staff, very smart rooms, fab breakfast, convenient for Durham, all round a great stay! We loved parking the car at the door, great for unloading, and then a bus into town from the hotel and only £8 in a taxi home. Free glass of champers went down a treat! We loved the breakfast, especially made to order pastries, no waste on the buffet and warm to your plate! Bed linen superb and the bed really comfy-we heard no traffic, view out of window very pretty! We only live 20 miles away but worth staying here for a night out- great value!

• Stayed: May 2011

Dear Michgerencser

First of all I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with ourselves, I'm delighted to read all your wonderful comments regarding our hotel, staff and food you experienced during your stay. I will pass down all your kind words to all departments your comments are a constant reminder to us all that we are exceeding our customers expectations when they stay with ourselves. We will look forward in welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 31 May 2011

Let me begin by staying in a lot of hotels all over the country and this one was smashing arrived late on Monday night and was greeted by friendly reception by zoe the duty manager was presented with my key and room number very quickly as she could tell I wad tired and retired into my warm Cosy room very freindly staff had trouble with wifi at first but the maintenance guy was on hand and sorted it out overall supasted my expection better than any of hotels I have stopped in Durham including premier inn

• Stayed: May 2011

Dear Naujommis

First of all I would like to thank you for leaving such kind words regarding your recent visit to our hotel, you comments will be passed down to all departments, and we will certainly look forward to your next vistit in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 29 May 2011

Enjoyed a lovely stay at this hotel, evening meal was Amazing and reasonably priced, desert (chocolate fondant was to die for)!!, staff couldn't do enough for you, great value for money, will definateley be back!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
HonestLawyerHotel, General Manager at The Honest Lawyer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2011

Dear loopylor100

First of all I would like to thank you for all your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with ourselves. I will pass all your comments to my kitchen team about the amazing food you received & the service you received during your stay. I'm so pleased we exceeded your expectations, and will look forward in welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 24 May 2011

we stay at many hotels and have been disappointed by many but this hotel left us delighted. on arrival we were a little disconcerted by the outside as it looked a little like a motel but it turned out to be great. we were able to park right outside the door to the room so no problems with luggage. the staff were helpful and friendly (the asst manager works very hard and nothing is too much trouble). the room was very clean and comfortable. just across the road was a bus stop to Durham City which offers a great day out or in the opposite direction you have Darlington. In the evening we enjoyed a lovely dinner in the restaurant at a very reasonable price. So an all round good experience so i would have no hesitation in recommending a stay here.

1  Thank KathG11
HonestLawyerHotel, General Manager at The Honest Lawyer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2011

Dear KATHG11

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time in leaving a review regarding your recent visit to our hotel. I will pass all you amazing comments down to Paul my assistant food & beverage manager & all my team. Also I'm delighted you enjoyed the food in the restaurant and would have no problem recommending our hotel. Thanks again and we will look forward to your next visit in the not too distant future.