“lovely stay”

The Honest Lawyer Hotel
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 14 November 2011

we stayed here for 1 night on the 5th nov, lovey place lovely people, the hotel was very quiet however still nice, Durham itself is beautiful we will be returning but for a longer stay

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
HonestLawyerHotel, General Manager at The Honest Lawyer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2011

Dear burr62

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time and leaving a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and with your very kind words. I will pass all your comments to all the team as your comments are a constant motivation to us all. We will look forward to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 10 November 2011

It was the best hotle I have ever stayed in in the uk. All the staff make you feel at home. The rooms are all big there are all clean mades come every day if you want them. The entertanment on a Friday night is fantasitc.The food was exalent I thought it was beter then the restarunts around where I live. The weekend I had was the best.

• Stayed: October 2011

Dear Aidi16

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time and leaving a review regarding your recent stay with ourselves. It has made my day to read that you thought it's the best hotel you have ever stayed at, and all the team made you feel at home. I am pleased you enjoyed the entertainment on the Friday evening, and all the food was excellent. I will certainly pass all your amazing comments back to all the team as your kind words are a constant motivation to us all that we are creating memorable moments for our guests. We will look forward in welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

Stayed here in Oct 2011 for two nights, room was clean and comfortable.
Ate in the hotel restaurant, food excellent. They have a steak night on a Wed
and is very good value for money.

staff friendly and helpful

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
HonestLawyerHotel, General Manager at The Honest Lawyer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Dear aquababe08

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time and leaving a review regarding your recent stay with ourselves. I'm delighted you found your accommodation clean and comfortable and the food in the restaurant was also excellent. I will pass all your comments down to all departments as your kind words are a constant reminder to us all that we are exceeding our guests expectations. We will look forward in welcoming you both back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

As an IT trainer\consultant, I'm away from home on a weekly basis for 3 or 4 nights every week & have been for a number of years. Over the years I have stayed in literally 100's of hotels & know a good one from a bad one, but until now I've have never been inclined to place a review on trip advisor.

I've stayed at the hotel on a regular basis or the past 12 months & every stay has been excellent. When I first arrived I was slightly concerned by the court yard rooms (I've stayed in these in other hotels before & they can be a little cold). This wasn't the case at the Honest Lawyer, even through last winter the rooms were very warm, comfortable & the decor was in excellent condition. If you are fortunate to stay in one of the rooms in the actual building, they are even better (dressing areas, four poster beds, extra large bathrooms etc) & for no extra cost.

The staff very also very friendly, polite, efficient & some of the best I have ever come across. Even at busy times the service was prompt & at quite times the staff had time to talk to you, advice on the local area etc. The food was fantastic. My parents\family have run restaurants for a number of years, so again I know good food from bad & the food at the Honest Lawyer was excellent - try the fish & chips!!

They are not many hotels I would stay at during a business trip that I would take my girlfriend back to, but this is one of them & I have already booked a weekend away.

Room Tip: If free, any of the rooms in the main hotel are excellent.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear adrian d

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time and leaving a review regarding your recent stay with ourselves especially as you have never been inclined to do so in the past on Trip Advisor. All your amazing comments regarding our hotel, really means so much to not only myself but the whole team at the hotel. To receive so many amazing comments from someone like yourself that has stayed in many hotels in the past and dined in so many restaurants really identifies our business ethos that on every occasion we strive to exceeding our customers expectations. And I'm delighted to say that on many occasions that you have stayed with ourselves we have done so. All you wonderful comments will be passed on to the whole team. And we will look forward in welcoming you back very soon, thanks again this review has made our day.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

We had a very pleasant 2 night stay here. We found the staff very attentive, polite and very smart. The room was clean and warm with a hospitality tray, we did ask for fresh milk which was given to us immediately. We had an evening meal included in our deal, which also was excellent, and the breakfasts were second to none.

Dear CoventrySue

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time and leaving a review regarding your recent stay with ourselves. During your stay I'm pleased you found the bedroom clean and warm and we cater for your request immediately. Also all the staff you encountered very attentive, polite and very smart. And on your first evening the meal you both had was excellent and the breakfast each morning was second to none. I will pass all your comments down to all departments as your kind words are a constant reminder to us all that we are exceeding our guests expectations on each visit. We will look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed at Honest Lawyer weekend of 21st October with 3 other couples; excellent value for money, food delicious so much so we ate at the hotel both nights.

Rooms whilst in a courtyard setting have the convenience of you being able to park your car outside your room which if disabled is an added bonus. The room was not over big but very clean and well maintained. There are also rooms in the main hotel so if you are travelling alone I am sure they would try and accommodate you in the main building.

The food was to die for and on both nights to a high standard. The breakfast was also good and of a high quality and cooked to order.

The staff were really pleasant and attentive and could not do enough to make our stay welcoming. Will definitely be staying again when offers available. Hotel is a couple of miles out of Durham town centre with lots to see in the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Truthful53

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time and leaving a review regarding your recent stay with ourselves. I'm delighted you found your bedroom very clean and well maintained throughout your stay. Like myself I'm pleased you found the food to die for on both evenings and the staff during your stay were really pleasant, attentive and could not do enough for your party throughout your stay. I will pass all your comments back down to all departments as you kind words are a constant reminder to us all that we are exceeding our guests expectations on each visit. We will certainly be doing various offers throughout 2012 and we will look forward to welcoming you all back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 30 October 2011

We bought a two night mini-break package to this hotel, and we were absolutely delighted with our stay there. The food was excellent, the staff very friendlly and obliging, and the room, although in a motel-style block, was very comfortable, with Egyptian cotton sheets on the bed, a gigantic TV screen, and despite being beside a fairly busy road, the main part of the hotel shielded us from any noise and I slept very soundly although I am normally a very light sleeper.

The bathroom was spotless with giant fluffy white towels, and the power shower provided a veritable torrent of hot water.

We would certainly stay there again and would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a base to explore Durham and the surroinding area.

Dear LancashireLass_7

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time and leaving a review regarding your recent stay with ourselves. I'm delighted with all your wonderful comments in your review, from finding the bedroom comfortable & spotless and enjoyed the large LCD screen. Our business ethos is to provided efficient warm friendly service, service fresh local produce in our bar & restaurant, it makes my day to read that we exceeding your expectations on both occasions. All your kind words will be passed down to all departments as they are a constant reminder to us all that we are moving in the right direction each and every day. We will look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.