The Honest Lawyer Hotel
US$140
US$217
US$101
  • Pool
Bannatyne Hotel Durham(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$54
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Lumley Castle Hotel(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$92
Bowburn Hall(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$67
Priceline
Premier Inn Durham City Centre(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$98
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Durham East Hotel(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$87
Travelodge Durham(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$63
Travelodge
Premier Inn Durham North Hotel(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$85
1,013 results
All reviewsmotel stylemain buildingfish and chipssunday lunchroad noisecourtyard roomdurham citypark and rideexcellent value for moneybooked this hotelsconesmain coursean evening mealmember of staffnight's sleeptwo night stayfour poster bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Just came back last week from a couple of nights away, stayed in the Honest Lawyer hotel during the week. It was a fairly quiet hotel athough the maid did try to get into our room at 9am the first morning, a bit eager.... Didn't eat in the restaurant or try the breakfast so can't comment on that but thoroughly enjoyed the Prosecco from the bar.......staff were pleasant and the rooms clean so no problem there. We got the bus into Durham city which is right next to the hotel so easy to get too. Would stay again.

1  Thank fishertuk
HonestLawyerHotel, Front Office Manager at The Honest Lawyer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2012

Dear fishertuk,
Thank you for your review of the hotel, i'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your liking. The bus route that stops right outside of the hotel is very popular with our guests so i'm pleased that you were aware of this. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future, if there's anything that I can help you with please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

This was our third or fourth weekend over the past two years at the Honest Lawyer. It is a good value hotel and serves excellent food and beverages. However it is now showing some signs of wear and a little ivestment is needed just to update rooms and communal areas but they are always clean and satisfactorily furnished. We like being away from the main part of the hotel with the car outside your front door. Good flat screen TV and bathing and shower facilties are good and the rooms we have been allocated have always served our need as people visiting local family. I would suggest that the area by the rear entrance which seems to be used only to access the main bar (it is in effect the rear entrace but is the first door to the hotel you see when you drive in) be given a more inviting refurbishment - we also found it had a odd smell and the cigarette butt container near the rear entrance should be removed. The staff have always been excellent and friendly. The windows only open a couple of inches but they are on the ground floor. There is a lovely decked are if you fancy a drink outside. Excellent breakfast provided.Nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

Room Tip: Don't worry about the colour of the doors to the rooms!!
1  Thank Roger G

Dear Roger G,
Thank you for your feedback on the hotel. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the breakfast. Since your visit we've taken your points on board and have given the Atrium area that you described a spruce up with a new layout, decoration and we have replaced the old cigarette container with a better option. The whole area now looks a lot more inviting & I can't wait for you to see it upon your return to the hotel. If there's anything I can help you with please feel free to contact me directly.

Kind Regards
Julie Naylor, Front of House Manager.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Just had a 2 night stay at this great best western. It says number 1 for food in durham and it definitely lives up to the claim. Meals were excellent. Breakfast too. Had an upgraded room in the main buliding on the front. Some road noise but much quieter after 11.30pm so didn't affect us too much. Staff were all very friendly and welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. excellent location for Durham - 3 miles or so and main car park just on your left as you approach the city.

Room Tip: upgraded rooms larger - ask for one facing the rear if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Sunseekers1000, thank you for your positive review of the hotel. I'm delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your meals with us, and that you enjoyed your upgraded Four Poster room. We hope to see you again soon, if there is anything that I can help you with please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

This was a deal with KGB so for the money it was brilliant. I love Best Westerns both here and abroad as they have particularly nice bars.reception areas and lovely staff. Our room was a motel type room away from the main body of the building and left a lot to be desired. It was scruffy (but clean) and had a very peculiar smell to it. The food in the restaurant was superb as was the bar area. It was too far to walk into Durham and as himself decided that as it was a Saturday he was going to have a drink we thought we would get bus. well we waited and waited until deciding to jump in a taxi (which was then followed by about 3 buses). For what we paid it couldn't' be faulted but I think if we go again we will ask for a room in the main part of the hotel.

Room Tip: I would defnitely ask for a room in the main building. I don't know what they are like at this particular hotel but Best Westerns are usually spot on. Give the 'motel' rooms a miss.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
HonestLawyerHotel, Front Office Manager at The Honest Lawyer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

Dear Marchbirdy,
Thank you for your review. I’m delighted that you enjoyed both our bar & restaurant, and that the food served was to your liking. I’m sorry to hear that you felt the room was not to an acceptable standard, we have a rolling maintenance plan in place so it may well be that your room has since been looked at, however I am pleased to hear that the room was clean. If you’d like to discuss this review any further, please contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

I love this place! The best nights sleep in years, excellent food and service to match. Ive stayed a number of times in the 'motel style' rooms however I managed to get a room inside the actual hotel and it's even better! Don't get me wrong, the other rooms are lovely with everything you'll need from digital widescreen tv's to gorgeous modern bathrooms however the most recent room was v special. Jacuzzi, balcony, personal robes and the biggest, softest bed I have ever slept in. Also If you get a chance to dine here make sure you check out either the lamb or the pork - 1st class. Finally a word on the service, FANTASTIC......from management to bar staff they are all really interested in delivering great service....well done guys

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Roy_m186337, thank you for your glowing review of the hotel, it is greatly appreciated by all of us here at the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon, if there's anything at all that I can help with feel free to call me at the hotel directly.