“Good pool for swimming!”
Review of PACE Health Club

PACE Health Club
Ranked #5 of 7 Spas & Wellness in Durham
More attraction details
Owner description: Pace Health Club is Durham's most luxurious & stylish private health club, set conveniently in the Radisson Blu Hotel, in the heart of Durham City
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I have been a member of the swimming pool since last March and it has always been good service, quiet and a very relaxing pool with facilities! Good shower facilities with private cubicles, shower gel, good hairdryers and straighteners. It has been busier the last few days with it been the new year but still plenty of room to swim. I've recommended two of my friends to join and they both love it too!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I don't normally give negative reviews, most places get the benefit of the doubt and I certainly don't expect budget hotels to be five star luxury, but I've been a member of this place for quite some time now (due to the local council pool not being viable for me due to teaching in a local school) and feel that major improvement in the way the place is managed is required. For a small pool it is overly subscribed and impossibly busy at peak times, to the point that it's impossible to swim for any period of time without being interrupted. Pace is called a health club but it seems that the management prefer it to be a splash pool for families.

After yet another frustrating pool session I suggested to the staff on shift that putting in a lane for swimming might keep everyone happy and was basically talked over and dismissed in a manner I can only describe as ignorant and rude by the woman I assume is the manager. If my husband had not just paid upfront for one year membership I would not be returning. I've tried complaining about these issues in the past but have been fobbed off. The Jacuzzi has also been out of order for most of the holiday period, either that or so busy you can't get into it. In my last five visits I haven't been able to use it once. I would not advise taking out a membership here and next year I'll be looking for alternative options.

7  Thank Fatyak
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Yet again the jacuzzi is broken and has been for the last week.
There is no manager on duty on a Friday night and no plans to have it repaired for the weekend guests .
Young staff friendly and do their best but managers never in evidence
Door missing from ladies shower for months
Absolutely useless!