“Great stay & central to lovely Co. Durham”

Premier Inn Durham East Hotel
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Durham
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great stay & central to lovely Co. Durham”
Reviewed 11 August 2011

If you want to stay and visit local Co. Durham area's I advise to stay at Premier Inn Durham East. Not only a great hotel but the adjoining eating house is great and reasonable.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Newcastle
Reviewed 7 August 2011

This review is about the Broomside Park Restauraunt which is part of the Inn but is not about the Inn itself. There isnt a listing on here yet for the Broomside Park. Dined here 7th August 2011. This used to be a lovely restauraunt and we frequently visited here for a number of years because of the constantly high quality of the food and service. That was until the last 3 occasions the worst being today.

For a Birthday treat we decided to dine here. Wish we hadnt. I ordered the Roast Beef. Waited over an hour for it to be delivered to my table only to find they brought me pork instead. I immediately sent it back as I dont eat pork and they brought me another roast beef. The beef was so stringy that i could have used it as bungee ropes and was full of gristle. I only got 3 small slices. I complained about it only to be told they had ran out despite this being 1:30pm and they advertise they serve foor all day up until 9 or 10pm. There was no way I could have eaten what they served so refused the meal. Since I didnt want to wait an hour again for another meal and had tickets to go to the cinema I decided to settle for a dessert instead. To the credit of Rachel, the waitress who served me and the management, they did give my dessert for free and didnt charge me for the beef and gave me a free bottle of Marquis de la cour which was nice but since this is the 3rd time in a row we have had poor quality food we dont think we will be making a return visit here which is a great shame as previously, service and food have been top quality. To me, it seems as if they have changed their food supplier in order to cut costs. The result for this place is simple. Cut costs = Cut Customers = False economy. Come on guys. Get your act together and bring standards back up to where they used to be.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Aberfan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Stayed here the weekend before Christmas 2010 whilst visiting family in North East of England.
The Rooms were the usual Premier lodge style with a large king bed and convertible sofa bed for the children with tea and coffee making facilities also a direct dial phone and TV with Freeview channels.
The bathroom had a bath, shower and was spotlessly clean. The Reception staff were friendly and courteous checking us in with the minimum of fuss.
Breakfast was served in the adjoining Pub with a choice of continental or full English being served. Very happy with our stay would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Leeming Bar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2011

we loved the hotel, room was lovely and the staff were very friendly, the food was excellent had breakfast, lunch and dinner there and all were very nice.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My family stayed here last week using the hotel as a base whilst visiting relatives - the hotel staff are excellent from the night porter on arrival to the staff in the pub/restaurant next door - we will definitely be returning. The only negative would be the coffee at breakfast - this is the third Premier Inn I have stayed in now and the coffee is always hot but not very strong! Love the rest of the breakfast though

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
cheshire
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Premier Inn is usually my first choice for short overnight stops. Hadn't been to this one before and was slightly apprehensive about the fact that it seemed to be located on an Industrial Estate ! It should say Busines or Retail Park really as that would be more accurate - and the Inn is on the outskirts anyway. It turned out it was fine ... really friendly staff, decent room, easy parking, reasonable eating place attached, very easy to find .. good value and would certainly use again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Very comfortable and conveniently located. Staff were very friendly and accomodating (I checked in at ~7AM). Room was very clean and comfortable with minimal noise from the (nearby) A1 (M).

Breakfast was OK, but not the best I've had and maybe not worth the £8.99 price tag.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends