Premier Inn Durham East Hotel
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewstable tablean industrial estaterestaurant next doorbusiness parkthe pubcity centremeal dealquiet locationbudget hotelexcellent staypark and rideplenty of parkingevening mealstayed nightspleasant stayshort breakwe've stayed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Stayed at the hotel for a weekend break in Durham. The hotel is easy to find from the A1 and has plenty of free parking. The room was £29 which was a bargain especially considering the free parking. A taxi in to the centre of Durham was £7.50 each way. There is a pub on site which is very nice to sit and have a drink. We didn't eat a meal there but did have the breakfast which was very good. If you can get the room cheap it is well worth it, but given it is a taxi ride/drive in to the centre then if the hotels are the same price you may as well be in the centre, although there is a £5 congestion charge per day in to the centre according to our taxi driver. The hotel itself is the usual Premier Inn affair, clean, everything you need for a short stay and friendly, helpful staff. Would definitely stay here again if visiting that area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2011

If you want to stay and visit local Co. Durham area's I advise to stay at Premier Inn Durham East. Not only a great hotel but the adjoining eating house is great and reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2011

This review is about the Broomside Park Restauraunt which is part of the Inn but is not about the Inn itself. There isnt a listing on here yet for the Broomside Park. Dined here 7th August 2011. This used to be a lovely restauraunt and we frequently visited here for a number of years because of the constantly high quality of the food and service. That was until the last 3 occasions the worst being today.

For a Birthday treat we decided to dine here. Wish we hadnt. I ordered the Roast Beef. Waited over an hour for it to be delivered to my table only to find they brought me pork instead. I immediately sent it back as I dont eat pork and they brought me another roast beef. The beef was so stringy that i could have used it as bungee ropes and was full of gristle. I only got 3 small slices. I complained about it only to be told they had ran out despite this being 1:30pm and they advertise they serve foor all day up until 9 or 10pm. There was no way I could have eaten what they served so refused the meal. Since I didnt want to wait an hour again for another meal and had tickets to go to the cinema I decided to settle for a dessert instead. To the credit of Rachel, the waitress who served me and the management, they did give my dessert for free and didnt charge me for the beef and gave me a free bottle of Marquis de la cour which was nice but since this is the 3rd time in a row we have had poor quality food we dont think we will be making a return visit here which is a great shame as previously, service and food have been top quality. To me, it seems as if they have changed their food supplier in order to cut costs. The result for this place is simple. Cut costs = Cut Customers = False economy. Come on guys. Get your act together and bring standards back up to where they used to be.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Stayed here the weekend before Christmas 2010 whilst visiting family in North East of England.
The Rooms were the usual Premier lodge style with a large king bed and convertible sofa bed for the children with tea and coffee making facilities also a direct dial phone and TV with Freeview channels.
The bathroom had a bath, shower and was spotlessly clean. The Reception staff were friendly and courteous checking us in with the minimum of fuss.
Breakfast was served in the adjoining Pub with a choice of continental or full English being served. Very happy with our stay would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2011

we loved the hotel, room was lovely and the staff were very friendly, the food was excellent had breakfast, lunch and dinner there and all were very nice.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends