“food and accommodation”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Durham
Bradford, United Kingdom
“food and accommodation”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Excellent in all respects. Good value for money food . Staff friendly and helpful Will definitely stop ther again.All Premier Inns I have stayed at exhibit these qualities but this one was exceptional.

Room Tip: not sure of geography but room 41 cosy and comfortable
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed overnight here to break up a long journey. We were impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel, the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the food. Overall, a great place to stop over!

• Stayed July 2012
Carlisle Cumbria
Reviewed 4 July 2012

A very good Premier Inn. It is a good location out of Durham but was pleased that l was working towards Sunderland and not Durham, because the traffic is very heavy in the mornings.
The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2012

You always know you will get when you stay at a Premier Inn, good value, good sleep and good service, just don't try to eat at the Table-Table restaurant the service is terrible. Food is good though.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Rawcliffe
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Me and my family stayed at this Premier Inn during the half term holiday in June. We stayed for one night after a day out at Beamish. On arrival the lady at reception was very pleasant and efficiently got us checked in. She also allowed us to book a place at the restaurant for our evening meal. Our room was located a fair walk away from the reception, but this wasn't an issue for us. The room was very clean and we were delighted to find we had a bath, we did not expect this because of the reasonable pricing for the room. The only complaint I have about the room was that my bed was a mattress on the floor with one pillow and a thin duvet. In the morning when I woke my neck did ache and this meant our day out in Durham wasn't very pleasant for me.
The meal at Table Table was very nice and my family of four all enjoyed the food. The restaurant was very cosy and you felt relaxed while in it, after our meal we stayed and had a drink in the sofa area. My brother particularly liked the game machine situated by the sofas! We went to the restaurant in the morning for our breakfast and we couldn't complain at all. There was a variety of food. We helped ourselves to the Continental and then a very cheerful Waiter got us our full English. The staff at the restaurant all were very friendly and helpful.
Overall it was a very pleasurable stay, much better than expected, and I look forward to staying in a Premier Inn in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
England
Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

This is a well-run premier inn. I was met with a smile at reception and went straight to my room: clean and functional. The bed was comfortable, with a choice of pillows. The backlit curtains helped me get a good night's sleep. This family room had a large sofa, desk, HD TV, tea & coffee making facilities, hair dryer and Internet / WiFi connections.

The WiFi came with a free 1/2 hour. It seems ungenerous to charge. Particularly as it's entirely free in the on-site pub/restaurant. (Tip: go there for the WiFi!)

The bathroom was clean. Complementary hand wash and body/hair wash was available from pump dispensers. The flow rate on my shower was disappointing.

I had the Premier Breakfast, which is an "all you can eat deal". The cold buffet items were very good. The cooked items were generally OK, but let down by the use of cheap sausage. I did enjoy the eggs & bacon.

Parking was ample and check-out smooth.

All in all, I had a good night's sleep and ample breakfast in this bright, clean and attractive budget offering. The staff were efficient and friendly. An ideal stopover.

• Stayed June 2012
Leighton Buzzard, UK
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Like so many of the Premier Inn locations I have used, this follows the tried and tested formula. We were allocated room 50, a first floor room which looked out eastwards towards a local football ground, and was lovely and quiet. The room was huge with a king sized bed - might be more of a tight squeeze, though not uncomfortably so, if the sofa bed and roll-out were in use to make it a family room for 4. The usual small niggles: heating but no air-con, though there's a fan (not needed on our stay); I wish Premier Inn would go back to using small bars of soap instead of liquid versions; and at this location the replacement of the TVs with flat screen versions meant no visible alarm clock in the room. There's tea and coffee making facilities in the room but only enough sachets for two teas and two coffees - although I've never had any problems with receptionists giving out extra on request. In fact I'd fully agree with other comments about the quality of the reception staff here; they really seemed to care, even though illness and vacancies at the time of our visit meant some were working very long shifts.
Booked ahead at £29 per night this was amazing value. The £22 meal deal was also good value, covering three courses for dinner plus a drink and all you can eat breakfast including full cooked English. Here again some minor niggles - very busy on a Saturday night so slow service, and on the Sunday morning the cooked breakfast order was taken incorrectly. Also I was delighted to see Premier Inn has put hash browns into the standard breakfast menu, but the ones we were served had suffered from being kept warm long after they had been cooked. We didn't ask for them on the second day. Poached eggs were perfect, though.
One final point, don't trust the trip advisor / Bing mapping if it still shows the location as being off Bradford Crescent, south-west of Scully Park. The real location is the other side of Scully Park - if you scroll the interactive map north east you'll get to Broomside Lane and then beyond that to the Belmont Industrial estate. Premier Inn's own website has a better directions map.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple